Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Fathi Mabrouk: There’s a conspiracy against me
Al Ahly boss Fathi Mabrouk has confirmed that he will not leave his post as manager of the first team after the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup.
The Red Devils succumbed to a 4-3 loss in Suez against South Africa’s Orlando Pirates, a loss which meant the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup following the 1-0 loss in South Africa in the away leg.
Following the match, Mabrouk said: “There are a lot of weird things happening, instructions not being followed by some of our biggest players.
“Maybe it’s a conspiracy against me. The situation is very tough inside of the club.
Regarding his team’s selection, Mabrouk stated: “There are situations that forced me to select players and there is a lot of pressure in this job.
“There are people who are working against me and the situation can not take anymore pain killers or be calmed.
” I can’t run away from my responsibilities. If I stay then I have to fix the current situation and I will shake the team from head-to-toe.
“I will not resign. The board have the right to take the decision but if I am given the chance I will ruin this conspiracy,” Mabrouk concluded.