Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Fathi Mabrouk: There’s a conspiracy against me
The Red Devils succumbed to a 4-3 loss in Suez against South Africa’s Orlando Pirates, a loss which meant the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup following the 1-0 loss in South Africa in the away leg.
Following the match, Mabrouk said: “There are a lot of weird things happening, instructions not being followed by some of our biggest players.
“Maybe it’s a conspiracy against me. The situation is very tough inside of the club.
Regarding his team’s selection, Mabrouk stated: “There are situations that forced me to select players and there is a lot of pressure in this job.
“There are people who are working against me and the situation can not take anymore pain killers or be calmed.
” I can’t run away from my responsibilities. If I stay then I have to fix the current situation and I will shake the team from head-to-toe.
“I will not resign. The board have the right to take the decision but if I am given the chance I will ruin this conspiracy,” Mabrouk concluded.