Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Fathi Mabrouk: There’s a conspiracy against me
Al Ahly boss Fathi Mabrouk has confirmed that he will not leave his post as manager of the first team after the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup.
The Red Devils succumbed to a 4-3 loss in Suez against South Africa’s Orlando Pirates, a loss which meant the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup following the 1-0 loss in South Africa in the away leg.
Following the match, Mabrouk said: “There are a lot of weird things happening, instructions not being followed by some of our biggest players.
“Maybe it’s a conspiracy against me. The situation is very tough inside of the club.
Regarding his team’s selection, Mabrouk stated: “There are situations that forced me to select players and there is a lot of pressure in this job.
“There are people who are working against me and the situation can not take anymore pain killers or be calmed.
” I can’t run away from my responsibilities. If I stay then I have to fix the current situation and I will shake the team from head-to-toe.
“I will not resign. The board have the right to take the decision but if I am given the chance I will ruin this conspiracy,” Mabrouk concluded.