Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Fathi Mabrouk: There’s a conspiracy against me
The Red Devils succumbed to a 4-3 loss in Suez against South Africa’s Orlando Pirates, a loss which meant the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup following the 1-0 loss in South Africa in the away leg.
Following the match, Mabrouk said: “There are a lot of weird things happening, instructions not being followed by some of our biggest players.
“Maybe it’s a conspiracy against me. The situation is very tough inside of the club.
Regarding his team’s selection, Mabrouk stated: “There are situations that forced me to select players and there is a lot of pressure in this job.
“There are people who are working against me and the situation can not take anymore pain killers or be calmed.
” I can’t run away from my responsibilities. If I stay then I have to fix the current situation and I will shake the team from head-to-toe.
“I will not resign. The board have the right to take the decision but if I am given the chance I will ruin this conspiracy,” Mabrouk concluded.