Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Mortada Mansour: I hope Al Ahly win the Confederation Cup
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour expressed his hope that arch-rivals Al Ahly win the CAF Confederation Cup, following the Whites’ elimination from the competition’s semi-final.
Zamalek failed to advance to the final despite defeating Étoile Sportive du Sahel 3-0 on Saturday. The Tunisian side qualified for the competition’s final with a 5-4 aggregate score.
Mansour said that he hopes Al Ahly, who will face Orlando Pirates on Sunday in the return leg of the semi-final, win the Confederation Cup.
“Al Ahly are currently representing Egypt; I wish them luck and I hope they win the Confederation Cup,” Mansour said.
The Red Devils, who lost 1-0 in the away leg, need to score two unanswered goals against the South African side to reach the competition’s final.
Mansour declared that he told the chairman of the Tunisian club that he hopes Al Ahly would qualify and beat them in the final.
“Al Ahly have an advantage over the Tunisian teams and they can win another African championship for the Egyptian clubs,” Mansour concluded.