Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Mortada Mansour: I hope Al Ahly win the Confederation Cup
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour expressed his hope that arch-rivals Al Ahly win the CAF Confederation Cup, following the Whites’ elimination from the competition’s semi-final.
Zamalek failed to advance to the final despite defeating Étoile Sportive du Sahel 3-0 on Saturday. The Tunisian side qualified for the competition’s final with a 5-4 aggregate score.
Mansour said that he hopes Al Ahly, who will face Orlando Pirates on Sunday in the return leg of the semi-final, win the Confederation Cup.
“Al Ahly are currently representing Egypt; I wish them luck and I hope they win the Confederation Cup,” Mansour said.
The Red Devils, who lost 1-0 in the away leg, need to score two unanswered goals against the South African side to reach the competition’s final.
Mansour declared that he told the chairman of the Tunisian club that he hopes Al Ahly would qualify and beat them in the final.
“Al Ahly have an advantage over the Tunisian teams and they can win another African championship for the Egyptian clubs,” Mansour concluded.