Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Mortada Mansour: I hope Al Ahly win the Confederation Cup
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour expressed his hope that arch-rivals Al Ahly win the CAF Confederation Cup, following the Whites’ elimination from the competition’s semi-final.
Zamalek failed to advance to the final despite defeating Étoile Sportive du Sahel 3-0 on Saturday. The Tunisian side qualified for the competition’s final with a 5-4 aggregate score.
Mansour said that he hopes Al Ahly, who will face Orlando Pirates on Sunday in the return leg of the semi-final, win the Confederation Cup.
“Al Ahly are currently representing Egypt; I wish them luck and I hope they win the Confederation Cup,” Mansour said.
The Red Devils, who lost 1-0 in the away leg, need to score two unanswered goals against the South African side to reach the competition’s final.
Mansour declared that he told the chairman of the Tunisian club that he hopes Al Ahly would qualify and beat them in the final.
“Al Ahly have an advantage over the Tunisian teams and they can win another African championship for the Egyptian clubs,” Mansour concluded.