The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mortada Mansour: I hope Al Ahly win the Confederation Cup
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour expressed his hope that arch-rivals Al Ahly win the CAF Confederation Cup, following the Whites’ elimination from the competition’s semi-final.
Zamalek failed to advance to the final despite defeating Étoile Sportive du Sahel 3-0 on Saturday. The Tunisian side qualified for the competition’s final with a 5-4 aggregate score.
Mansour said that he hopes Al Ahly, who will face Orlando Pirates on Sunday in the return leg of the semi-final, win the Confederation Cup.
“Al Ahly are currently representing Egypt; I wish them luck and I hope they win the Confederation Cup,” Mansour said.
The Red Devils, who lost 1-0 in the away leg, need to score two unanswered goals against the South African side to reach the competition’s final.
Mansour declared that he told the chairman of the Tunisian club that he hopes Al Ahly would qualify and beat them in the final.
“Al Ahly have an advantage over the Tunisian teams and they can win another African championship for the Egyptian clubs,” Mansour concluded.