Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
USM Alger squeeze through to CAF Champions League final
In an uneventful encounter, the visitors failed to score the two goals they needed to qualify for the final.
In fact, it was the hosts that almost killed off the tie with a 26th-minute goal, but Aoudia failed to score when sent one-on-one with goalkeeper Feudjou after a defensive error.
In the 85th minute, a big save from Zemmaouche kept the game from going to a nervy finish, and USM Alger thought they’d scored a goal of their own in the fourth minute of stoppage time, but it was ruled out by the referee.
The Algerians will learn the identity of their fellow finalists tomorrow night, when TP Mazembe and Al-Merrikh do battle in Lumbumbashi.