The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
USM Alger squeeze through to CAF Champions League final
In an uneventful encounter, the visitors failed to score the two goals they needed to qualify for the final.
In fact, it was the hosts that almost killed off the tie with a 26th-minute goal, but Aoudia failed to score when sent one-on-one with goalkeeper Feudjou after a defensive error.
In the 85th minute, a big save from Zemmaouche kept the game from going to a nervy finish, and USM Alger thought they’d scored a goal of their own in the fourth minute of stoppage time, but it was ruled out by the referee.
The Algerians will learn the identity of their fellow finalists tomorrow night, when TP Mazembe and Al-Merrikh do battle in Lumbumbashi.