AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
USM Alger squeeze through to CAF Champions League final
In an uneventful encounter, the visitors failed to score the two goals they needed to qualify for the final.
In fact, it was the hosts that almost killed off the tie with a 26th-minute goal, but Aoudia failed to score when sent one-on-one with goalkeeper Feudjou after a defensive error.
In the 85th minute, a big save from Zemmaouche kept the game from going to a nervy finish, and USM Alger thought they’d scored a goal of their own in the fourth minute of stoppage time, but it was ruled out by the referee.
The Algerians will learn the identity of their fellow finalists tomorrow night, when TP Mazembe and Al-Merrikh do battle in Lumbumbashi.