Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
VIDEO: Ahly crash out of Confederation Cup after thriller
Despite leading 2-0 13 minutes into the second half, the Red Devils somehow managed to concede four goals in just over half an hour in a remarkable capitulation.
Al Ahly XI: Ekramy; Ali, Saad, Naguib, Rahil; Fathi, Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Momen; Antwi, Evouna.
Orlando Pirates XI: Ovono, Matlaba, Mahamutsa, Jele, Gcaba, Masalesa, Ntshumayelo, Makola, Myeni, Majoro, Gabuza
The hosts started somewhat calmly, and their wait for the first goal extended until the 43rd minute, when Evouna rounded Ovono and slotted into an empty net.
Just eight minutes into the second half, Evouna scored his side’s second goal, heading home from a cross.
It seemed the 2014 Confederation Cup winners were heading for their second consecutive final, but the Buccaneers had other ideas.
Just after Evouna had missed a chance to complete his hat-trick, substitute Erasmus scored after a poor defensive clearance, as the collapse began.
Gabuza levelled the scores in the 75th minute, to the dismay of the approximate 2,000 fans in attendance.
It would go from bad to worse for the Egyptians, as Matlaba scored Pirates’ third to give the South Africans the lead for the first time in the match.
Amr Gamal’s 90th-minute goal meant Al Ahly needed to score twice in added time to qualify, but Rakhale capitalised on the hosts’ all-out attack to make it 3-4 with seconds remaining, as Orlando Pirates won 5-3 on aggregate.