Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Orlando Pirates coach Eric Tinkler: We tactically outplayed Al Ahly
The South African side successfully qualified to the CAF Confederation Cup final after beating Egyptian giants Al Ahly 5-3 on aggregate.
Tinkler stated that he tried to stop Al Ahly from building up play and putting pressure on Orlando’s defense. He said, “Al Ahly tried to put us under pressure since the start of the game, but we managed to absorb their energy and Enthusiasm.”
He then talked about Al Ahly’s disastrous defensive errors, “Al Ahly scored two goals, but they couldn’t hold on to this lead due to their defensive errors. We took advantage of the large space behind their fullbacks and successfully scored and won the game.”
“Although, I’m not sure if Al Ahly’s first goal was offside or not,” he added.
Tinkler stressed that scoring an away goal was his team’s main objective: “I told my players before the match that scoring an away goal is extremely important, it’s our key to the final.”
Eric concluded his remarks by stating that the game wasn’t easy at all against an experienced team like Al Ahly: “It was a tough game, especially against experienced players that have won plenty of African tournaments in the past.”