Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Orlando Pirates coach Eric Tinkler: We tactically outplayed Al Ahly
The South African side successfully qualified to the CAF Confederation Cup final after beating Egyptian giants Al Ahly 5-3 on aggregate.
Tinkler stated that he tried to stop Al Ahly from building up play and putting pressure on Orlando’s defense. He said, “Al Ahly tried to put us under pressure since the start of the game, but we managed to absorb their energy and Enthusiasm.”
He then talked about Al Ahly’s disastrous defensive errors, “Al Ahly scored two goals, but they couldn’t hold on to this lead due to their defensive errors. We took advantage of the large space behind their fullbacks and successfully scored and won the game.”
“Although, I’m not sure if Al Ahly’s first goal was offside or not,” he added.
Tinkler stressed that scoring an away goal was his team’s main objective: “I told my players before the match that scoring an away goal is extremely important, it’s our key to the final.”
Eric concluded his remarks by stating that the game wasn’t easy at all against an experienced team like Al Ahly: “It was a tough game, especially against experienced players that have won plenty of African tournaments in the past.”