Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Al Ahly name Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy as interim manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ as interim manager, following the sacking of Fathi Mabrouk.
The Red Devils board announced the sacking of Mabrouk on Monday, following the team’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup.
Zizo will be a short term solution as he will serve as a caretaker until he is replaced by a foreign coach. He was appointed as the director of football as well as a head coach. The former Al Ahly player will lead the team in their upcoming game against Zamalek in the Egypt Super Cup on October 15.
Abdel-Shafy has previously held the interim manager position following the resignation of Hossam El-Badry in 2010.
Al Ahly board announced the departure of first team coach Fathi Mabrouk as well as director of football Alaa Abdel-Sadek, following a series of disappointing results. Under the leadership of Mabrouk, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to a lot of the Red Devils supporters, who have called for the appointment of a foreign coach.