Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz introduced heavy fines that will be...
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
Al Ahly name Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy as interim manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ as interim manager, following the sacking of Fathi Mabrouk.
The Red Devils board announced the sacking of Mabrouk on Monday, following the team’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup.
Zizo will be a short term solution as he will serve as a caretaker until he is replaced by a foreign coach. He was appointed as the director of football as well as a head coach. The former Al Ahly player will lead the team in their upcoming game against Zamalek in the Egypt Super Cup on October 15.
Abdel-Shafy has previously held the interim manager position following the resignation of Hossam El-Badry in 2010.
Al Ahly board announced the departure of first team coach Fathi Mabrouk as well as director of football Alaa Abdel-Sadek, following a series of disappointing results. Under the leadership of Mabrouk, the team’s performance wasn’t convincing to a lot of the Red Devils supporters, who have called for the appointment of a foreign coach.