Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
Egypt defeat Oman to maintain group lead in World Military Cup
Egypt’s military national team beat Oman 2-1 on Tuesday in their third game of the World Military Cup.
The Egyptian team have previously defeated Guinea and Canada in their first two games of the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
In Egypt’s third win in a row, Smouha’s striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ opened the scoring in the first half. In the 52nd minute, Oman levelled the scoreline after netting a penalty.
Ten minutes later, Oman’s defender scored an own goal to make the scoreline 2-1 and give the Pharaohs the lead again.
Paulo now has four goals to his name in the tournament as he previously scored a hat-trick when Egypt thrashed Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
Egypt were drawn in Group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria.
The Pharaohs sit on top of their group with nine points, followed by Oman and Brazil with six points each. Egypt will face Brazil on Thursday in their final match of the group stage. The two teams on top of group A and B will be playing against each other for the golden medal.