AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Egypt defeat Oman to maintain group lead in World Military Cup
Egypt’s military national team beat Oman 2-1 on Tuesday in their third game of the World Military Cup.
The Egyptian team have previously defeated Guinea and Canada in their first two games of the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
In Egypt’s third win in a row, Smouha’s striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ opened the scoring in the first half. In the 52nd minute, Oman levelled the scoreline after netting a penalty.
Ten minutes later, Oman’s defender scored an own goal to make the scoreline 2-1 and give the Pharaohs the lead again.
Paulo now has four goals to his name in the tournament as he previously scored a hat-trick when Egypt thrashed Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
Egypt were drawn in Group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria.
The Pharaohs sit on top of their group with nine points, followed by Oman and Brazil with six points each. Egypt will face Brazil on Thursday in their final match of the group stage. The two teams on top of group A and B will be playing against each other for the golden medal.