Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Egypt defeat Oman to maintain group lead in World Military Cup
Egypt’s military national team beat Oman 2-1 on Tuesday in their third game of the World Military Cup.
The Egyptian team have previously defeated Guinea and Canada in their first two games of the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
In Egypt’s third win in a row, Smouha’s striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ opened the scoring in the first half. In the 52nd minute, Oman levelled the scoreline after netting a penalty.
Ten minutes later, Oman’s defender scored an own goal to make the scoreline 2-1 and give the Pharaohs the lead again.
Paulo now has four goals to his name in the tournament as he previously scored a hat-trick when Egypt thrashed Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
Egypt were drawn in Group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria.
The Pharaohs sit on top of their group with nine points, followed by Oman and Brazil with six points each. Egypt will face Brazil on Thursday in their final match of the group stage. The two teams on top of group A and B will be playing against each other for the golden medal.