Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Egypt defeat Oman to maintain group lead in World Military Cup
Egypt’s military national team beat Oman 2-1 on Tuesday in their third game of the World Military Cup.
The Egyptian team have previously defeated Guinea and Canada in their first two games of the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
In Egypt’s third win in a row, Smouha’s striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ opened the scoring in the first half. In the 52nd minute, Oman levelled the scoreline after netting a penalty.
Ten minutes later, Oman’s defender scored an own goal to make the scoreline 2-1 and give the Pharaohs the lead again.
Paulo now has four goals to his name in the tournament as he previously scored a hat-trick when Egypt thrashed Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
Egypt were drawn in Group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria.
The Pharaohs sit on top of their group with nine points, followed by Oman and Brazil with six points each. Egypt will face Brazil on Thursday in their final match of the group stage. The two teams on top of group A and B will be playing against each other for the golden medal.