Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Egypt loss to Brazil gives Oman a spot in World Military Cup final
Egypt’s military national team have lost 2-1 to Brazil in their last game of the World Military Cup group stage, allowing Oman to reach the competition’s final.
The Pharaohs have won their first three games against Guinea, Canada and Oman, before losing to Brazil in the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
Egypt’s Ahmed Shedid Kenawy opened the scoring in the second minute, before Brazil striker Endson Rosendo Patriota leveled the scoreline in the 38th minute. The Brazilian team took the lead in the 57th minute, as Patriota scored his second goal in the game.
The Egyptian team, who topped their group before Thursday’s game, needed one point from their game against Brazil to secure their passage to the final. As they lost their last game, Oman climbed to the top of the group on goal difference.
Egypt have a goal difference of plus 10, while Oman have a plus 15 difference, helped by their 9-0 win against Canada on Thursday.
Oman advanced to face the top of Group A Algeria in the final. Egypt, however, will face the hosts South Korea for the bronze medal on Saturday.