Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egypt loss to Brazil gives Oman a spot in World Military Cup final
Egypt’s military national team have lost 2-1 to Brazil in their last game of the World Military Cup group stage, allowing Oman to reach the competition’s final.
The Pharaohs have won their first three games against Guinea, Canada and Oman, before losing to Brazil in the tournament, which is taking place in South Korea from 28 September to 12 October.
Egypt’s Ahmed Shedid Kenawy opened the scoring in the second minute, before Brazil striker Endson Rosendo Patriota leveled the scoreline in the 38th minute. The Brazilian team took the lead in the 57th minute, as Patriota scored his second goal in the game.
The Egyptian team, who topped their group before Thursday’s game, needed one point from their game against Brazil to secure their passage to the final. As they lost their last game, Oman climbed to the top of the group on goal difference.
Egypt have a goal difference of plus 10, while Oman have a plus 15 difference, helped by their 9-0 win against Canada on Thursday.
Oman advanced to face the top of Group A Algeria in the final. Egypt, however, will face the hosts South Korea for the bronze medal on Saturday.