Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Issa Hayatou appointed FIFA interim president
This decision comes after Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini and Jerome Valcke have all been banned by the FIFA Ethics Committee from football activity for 90 days, a suspension that can be extended for a further 45 days in the wake of a Swiss criminal investigation.
Hayatou, 69, was chosen for the position seeing as he is the oldest and longest serving member of the FIFA Executive Committee after joining in 1990, three years after being elected as the CAF president, the post he still occupies until today.
However, Hayatou won’t be running for FIFA presidency, a position that will likely be filled in 5 months’ time.