Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
VIDEO: Late equaliser saves U-23 Egypt team’s blushes against China
Egypt’s U-23 national team drew 2-2 against hosts China in their Thursday morning friendly fixture.
Egypt opened the scoring after a Saleh Gomaa set piece led to Ismaily’s Mahmoud Hamad finding the back of the net in the 43rd minute, ensuring that they would end the first half in the lead.
With the second half underway, the hosts were in control and scored in the 49th minute, before the match official cancelled the goal due to an offside.
The cancelled goal didn’t stop China and they drew level with Hossam El-Badry’s side in the 62nd minute after a series of errors from Egypt goalkeeper Mosaad Awad and his defence.
Seven minutes later, China added to their tally to claim a 2-1 lead over Egypt.
Just when everyone thought the game would end in a shock win, Hussein Ragab equalised for the Pharaohs following some great work down the right flank from Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy as the game ended in a 2-2 draw.