AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
VIDEO: Late equaliser saves U-23 Egypt team’s blushes against China
Egypt’s U-23 national team drew 2-2 against hosts China in their Thursday morning friendly fixture.
Egypt opened the scoring after a Saleh Gomaa set piece led to Ismaily’s Mahmoud Hamad finding the back of the net in the 43rd minute, ensuring that they would end the first half in the lead.
With the second half underway, the hosts were in control and scored in the 49th minute, before the match official cancelled the goal due to an offside.
The cancelled goal didn’t stop China and they drew level with Hossam El-Badry’s side in the 62nd minute after a series of errors from Egypt goalkeeper Mosaad Awad and his defence.
Seven minutes later, China added to their tally to claim a 2-1 lead over Egypt.
Just when everyone thought the game would end in a shock win, Hussein Ragab equalised for the Pharaohs following some great work down the right flank from Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy as the game ended in a 2-2 draw.