Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
VIDEO: Late equaliser saves U-23 Egypt team’s blushes against China
Egypt’s U-23 national team drew 2-2 against hosts China in their Thursday morning friendly fixture.
Egypt opened the scoring after a Saleh Gomaa set piece led to Ismaily’s Mahmoud Hamad finding the back of the net in the 43rd minute, ensuring that they would end the first half in the lead.
With the second half underway, the hosts were in control and scored in the 49th minute, before the match official cancelled the goal due to an offside.
The cancelled goal didn’t stop China and they drew level with Hossam El-Badry’s side in the 62nd minute after a series of errors from Egypt goalkeeper Mosaad Awad and his defence.
Seven minutes later, China added to their tally to claim a 2-1 lead over Egypt.
Just when everyone thought the game would end in a shock win, Hussein Ragab equalised for the Pharaohs following some great work down the right flank from Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy as the game ended in a 2-2 draw.