Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Official: Al Ahly name Adli El Keiy as spokesman
The appointment of El Keiy is one of several decisions taken by the Red Devils’ board, who are attempting to make amends after a string of poor results this season.
Al Ahly announced El Keiy would be the new voice of the club following a board’s meeting where the club’s officials were expected to agree on the team’s new foreign coach.
Earlier last month, El Keiy declared he was offered a position at Al Ahly, however, the club’s official announcement didn’t come until Thursday.
El Keiy has a long history with Al Ahly as he has been hailed for making exceptional deals and signings for the Reds in the past when he worked as the club’s marketing director.
He has previously criticized the Red Castle’s former marketing director for failing to promote Al Ahly’s signings. He also asserted that as a spokesman, he would set standards for being more transparent and professional when communicating with the media.