Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Official: Al Ahly name Adli El Keiy as spokesman
The appointment of El Keiy is one of several decisions taken by the Red Devils’ board, who are attempting to make amends after a string of poor results this season.
Al Ahly announced El Keiy would be the new voice of the club following a board’s meeting where the club’s officials were expected to agree on the team’s new foreign coach.
Earlier last month, El Keiy declared he was offered a position at Al Ahly, however, the club’s official announcement didn’t come until Thursday.
El Keiy has a long history with Al Ahly as he has been hailed for making exceptional deals and signings for the Reds in the past when he worked as the club’s marketing director.
He has previously criticized the Red Castle’s former marketing director for failing to promote Al Ahly’s signings. He also asserted that as a spokesman, he would set standards for being more transparent and professional when communicating with the media.