Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Investigation over Senegal friendly cancellation
Assistant to the Minister of Youth and Sports Ashraf Sobhi claims an investigation into the Senegal friendly cancellation will take place.
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) cancelled the game against Senegal just 24 hours before the match’s due date, after Senegal revealed that they wouldn’t be fielding their senior side which will be facing Algeria, but their U-23 national team against Egypt.
KingFut confirmed Senegal’s intentions to field its U-23 side a day before the EFA’s acknowledgement, while EFA members still insisted that the Pharaohs would be facing Senegal’s “A” national team.
“Sports Minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz expressed his displeasure over the matter and he ordered to open an investigation to determine those responsible for this crisis,” Ashraf Sobhi told Ahram on Thursday.
Sobhy insisted that those who were in charge and responsible for the debacle will be punished, in order to avoid anything like this ever happening again.
“The matter is not acceptable and those responsible will be punished,” he added.
The match was scheduled for the 8th of October in Abu Dhabi, three days before their encounter against Zambia in Dubai, in preparation for the World Cup and AFCON qualifiers games.
The team’s camp is currently being held in the United Arab Emirates.
The cancellation comes on the heals of other EFA friendly match announcements that KingFut exclusively revealed were never in the works to begin with.