Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Senegal to lodge complaint over cancelled friendly
The friendly was scheduled to be played between the Egyptian national team and the Senegalese U-23 team, as the senior team are not allowed to face their Egyptian counterparts just 5 days before their other scheduled friendly against Algeria in Algiers, according to FIFA regulations.
The EFA cancelled the friendly hours before the match, after it had become abundantly clear that the senior Senegalese team would not be playing.
“In addition to moral damages for making [our] footballers travel for nothing, we are in the position of having to bear the costs of return transport without even playing,” explained FFS president Augustin Senghor.
“Everything will be done to bring this matter to light and enforce all Federation rights, and the legal department of the Federation will take up the case,” he added.
“The Federation has met all its commitments and this is not the case of the other parties,” Senghor concluded.
Egypt are due to face Zambia in Abu Dhabi on Sunday night, as they prepare for their Russia 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.