Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Senegal to lodge complaint over cancelled friendly
The friendly was scheduled to be played between the Egyptian national team and the Senegalese U-23 team, as the senior team are not allowed to face their Egyptian counterparts just 5 days before their other scheduled friendly against Algeria in Algiers, according to FIFA regulations.
The EFA cancelled the friendly hours before the match, after it had become abundantly clear that the senior Senegalese team would not be playing.
“In addition to moral damages for making [our] footballers travel for nothing, we are in the position of having to bear the costs of return transport without even playing,” explained FFS president Augustin Senghor.
“Everything will be done to bring this matter to light and enforce all Federation rights, and the legal department of the Federation will take up the case,” he added.
“The Federation has met all its commitments and this is not the case of the other parties,” Senghor concluded.
Egypt are due to face Zambia in Abu Dhabi on Sunday night, as they prepare for their Russia 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.