An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Senegal to lodge complaint over cancelled friendly
The friendly was scheduled to be played between the Egyptian national team and the Senegalese U-23 team, as the senior team are not allowed to face their Egyptian counterparts just 5 days before their other scheduled friendly against Algeria in Algiers, according to FIFA regulations.
The EFA cancelled the friendly hours before the match, after it had become abundantly clear that the senior Senegalese team would not be playing.
“In addition to moral damages for making [our] footballers travel for nothing, we are in the position of having to bear the costs of return transport without even playing,” explained FFS president Augustin Senghor.
“Everything will be done to bring this matter to light and enforce all Federation rights, and the legal department of the Federation will take up the case,” he added.
“The Federation has met all its commitments and this is not the case of the other parties,” Senghor concluded.
Egypt are due to face Zambia in Abu Dhabi on Sunday night, as they prepare for their Russia 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.