Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Senegal to lodge complaint over cancelled friendly
The friendly was scheduled to be played between the Egyptian national team and the Senegalese U-23 team, as the senior team are not allowed to face their Egyptian counterparts just 5 days before their other scheduled friendly against Algeria in Algiers, according to FIFA regulations.
The EFA cancelled the friendly hours before the match, after it had become abundantly clear that the senior Senegalese team would not be playing.
“In addition to moral damages for making [our] footballers travel for nothing, we are in the position of having to bear the costs of return transport without even playing,” explained FFS president Augustin Senghor.
“Everything will be done to bring this matter to light and enforce all Federation rights, and the legal department of the Federation will take up the case,” he added.
“The Federation has met all its commitments and this is not the case of the other parties,” Senghor concluded.
Egypt are due to face Zambia in Abu Dhabi on Sunday night, as they prepare for their Russia 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.