Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Senegal to lodge complaint over cancelled friendly
The friendly was scheduled to be played between the Egyptian national team and the Senegalese U-23 team, as the senior team are not allowed to face their Egyptian counterparts just 5 days before their other scheduled friendly against Algeria in Algiers, according to FIFA regulations.
The EFA cancelled the friendly hours before the match, after it had become abundantly clear that the senior Senegalese team would not be playing.
“In addition to moral damages for making [our] footballers travel for nothing, we are in the position of having to bear the costs of return transport without even playing,” explained FFS president Augustin Senghor.
“Everything will be done to bring this matter to light and enforce all Federation rights, and the legal department of the Federation will take up the case,” he added.
“The Federation has met all its commitments and this is not the case of the other parties,” Senghor concluded.
Egypt are due to face Zambia in Abu Dhabi on Sunday night, as they prepare for their Russia 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.