Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Egypt’s handball claim gold in World Military Games
The first half ended with the Pharaohs in the front as they ended it 18-10. The Qatari team managed to decrease the difference in the second half, however, the Egyptians won the game 29-26.
Egypt’s journey started alongside the Republic of Korea, Brazil and Oman in Group A. The Pharaohs reached the final after defeating Lithuania, while Qatar advanced by defeating the hosts South Korea.
This gold medal is Egypt’s first handball gold medal in the history of the World Military Games and has come against Qatar who have a number of nationalised players.
Qatar’s team consisted of two Tunisians, a Russian, a Bosnian and an Egyptian, all nationalised aside from the local Qatari players.