Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Egypt’s handball claim gold in World Military Games
The first half ended with the Pharaohs in the front as they ended it 18-10. The Qatari team managed to decrease the difference in the second half, however, the Egyptians won the game 29-26.
Egypt’s journey started alongside the Republic of Korea, Brazil and Oman in Group A. The Pharaohs reached the final after defeating Lithuania, while Qatar advanced by defeating the hosts South Korea.
This gold medal is Egypt’s first handball gold medal in the history of the World Military Games and has come against Qatar who have a number of nationalised players.
Qatar’s team consisted of two Tunisians, a Russian, a Bosnian and an Egyptian, all nationalised aside from the local Qatari players.