Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Egypt’s handball claim gold in World Military Games
The first half ended with the Pharaohs in the front as they ended it 18-10. The Qatari team managed to decrease the difference in the second half, however, the Egyptians won the game 29-26.
Egypt’s journey started alongside the Republic of Korea, Brazil and Oman in Group A. The Pharaohs reached the final after defeating Lithuania, while Qatar advanced by defeating the hosts South Korea.
This gold medal is Egypt’s first handball gold medal in the history of the World Military Games and has come against Qatar who have a number of nationalised players.
Qatar’s team consisted of two Tunisians, a Russian, a Bosnian and an Egyptian, all nationalised aside from the local Qatari players.