Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Egypt’s handball claim gold in World Military Games
The first half ended with the Pharaohs in the front as they ended it 18-10. The Qatari team managed to decrease the difference in the second half, however, the Egyptians won the game 29-26.
Egypt’s journey started alongside the Republic of Korea, Brazil and Oman in Group A. The Pharaohs reached the final after defeating Lithuania, while Qatar advanced by defeating the hosts South Korea.
This gold medal is Egypt’s first handball gold medal in the history of the World Military Games and has come against Qatar who have a number of nationalised players.
Qatar’s team consisted of two Tunisians, a Russian, a Bosnian and an Egyptian, all nationalised aside from the local Qatari players.