Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Egypt lose bronze medal match to South Korea in World Military Cup
Egypt’s military national team missed out on a medal at the World Military Cup after losing 3-2 in their bronze match against South Korea.
The Pharaohs qualified to the match after coming second in their group after Oman on goal difference. The hosts South Korea were second after Algeria in Group B.
Egypt’s striker Mohamed Maged opened the scoring in the 33rd minute. Five minutes later, Ahmed Temsah doubled the lead for Pharaohs.
In the second half, the South Korean team equalized by scoring two goals in the 64th and 72nd minute before completing the comeback and taking the lead with a goal in the 88th minute.
Meanwhile, Algeria defeated Oman 2-0 in the final to clinch their second World Military Cup title; their first one was in 2011 against Egypt.