Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
FAF increase Belaili’s doping ban to 4 years
In a meeting held today, and in the presence of Belaili, the FAF confirmed that he used illegal substances in USM Alger’s league clash with CS Constantine.
Belaili was originally sentenced to a 2-year ban by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) after testing positive for banned substances in USM Alger’s CAF Champions League match against MC El Eulma on August 7th, 2015.
The 23-year-old is set to travel to Cairo to appear against the CAF disciplinary committee due the recent discovery by FAF. Meanwhile, reports are surfacing that USM Alger management are considering terminating his contract.
The four-year ban by FAF means that Youcef Belaili will not play in local competitions for that duration. However, the CAF’s ban will also see him out of action internationally for two years.