Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
Official: Adam El-Abd joins Swindon Town on emergency loan
The 31-year-old Egypt centre-back has decided to make the loan switch to Swindon Town after struggling to break into Steve Cotterill’s side.
Adam El-Abd joined Bristol City from Brighton & Hove Albion in January 2014 and still has two years to run on his contract, but has only made 20 appearances for the club since; last featuring eleven months ago.
The former Brighton fan favourite spent last season on loan at Bury FC, where he made 24 appearances and helped the club achieve automatic promotion from League Two.
Bristol City were open to offers for the Egypt international after the manager admitted he was not apart of his plans for the new season. A return to Bury never materialized, while he was linked to Swindon Town throughout the summer. Nevertheless, injury-struck Swindon have finally signed their defensive target; albeit on an emergency loan deal which lasts until January.
Bristol City, who were promoted to the Championship last season, are currently bottom of the league table with seven points from ten games. Meanwhile, Swindon Town are currently 17th in League One with 12 points from 11 games.