Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Official: Adam El-Abd joins Swindon Town on emergency loan
The 31-year-old Egypt centre-back has decided to make the loan switch to Swindon Town after struggling to break into Steve Cotterill’s side.
Adam El-Abd joined Bristol City from Brighton & Hove Albion in January 2014 and still has two years to run on his contract, but has only made 20 appearances for the club since; last featuring eleven months ago.
The former Brighton fan favourite spent last season on loan at Bury FC, where he made 24 appearances and helped the club achieve automatic promotion from League Two.
Bristol City were open to offers for the Egypt international after the manager admitted he was not apart of his plans for the new season. A return to Bury never materialized, while he was linked to Swindon Town throughout the summer. Nevertheless, injury-struck Swindon have finally signed their defensive target; albeit on an emergency loan deal which lasts until January.
Bristol City, who were promoted to the Championship last season, are currently bottom of the league table with seven points from ten games. Meanwhile, Swindon Town are currently 17th in League One with 12 points from 11 games.