Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Cúper: We accomplished our goals during camp
Héctor Cúper spoke to Egyptian media following the Pharaohs’ 3-0 win over Zambia on Sunday, expressing his pleasure at the team’s performance.
Egypt defeated The Bullets of Zambia 3-0 in Abu Dhabi yesterday, thanks to a brace by Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and a lone goal by Amr Gamal. The win marked Cúper’s fifth straight victory since being appointed Egyptian National Team manager.
“I wished for two games during the international break, but the camp achieved what was required of us, by a large margin,” the Argentine said.
Egypt were due to play Senegal three days before the Zambia game, but the EFA cancelled the game upon finding out Senegal were planning on sending their U-23 team. Both sides have blamed the other for the cancellation.
“We developed well during camp, both technically and psychologically. We removed any barriers we had, and we united as a team,” Cúper explained.
Cúper also remarked on his relationship with the EFA: “We agree on all things. There was no pressure to play the Senegal game. It was a joint decision to cancel the match.”