Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Cúper: We accomplished our goals during camp
Héctor Cúper spoke to Egyptian media following the Pharaohs’ 3-0 win over Zambia on Sunday, expressing his pleasure at the team’s performance.
Egypt defeated The Bullets of Zambia 3-0 in Abu Dhabi yesterday, thanks to a brace by Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and a lone goal by Amr Gamal. The win marked Cúper’s fifth straight victory since being appointed Egyptian National Team manager.
“I wished for two games during the international break, but the camp achieved what was required of us, by a large margin,” the Argentine said.
Egypt were due to play Senegal three days before the Zambia game, but the EFA cancelled the game upon finding out Senegal were planning on sending their U-23 team. Both sides have blamed the other for the cancellation.
“We developed well during camp, both technically and psychologically. We removed any barriers we had, and we united as a team,” Cúper explained.
Cúper also remarked on his relationship with the EFA: “We agree on all things. There was no pressure to play the Senegal game. It was a joint decision to cancel the match.”