Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Cúper: We accomplished our goals during camp
Héctor Cúper spoke to Egyptian media following the Pharaohs’ 3-0 win over Zambia on Sunday, expressing his pleasure at the team’s performance.
Egypt defeated The Bullets of Zambia 3-0 in Abu Dhabi yesterday, thanks to a brace by Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and a lone goal by Amr Gamal. The win marked Cúper’s fifth straight victory since being appointed Egyptian National Team manager.
“I wished for two games during the international break, but the camp achieved what was required of us, by a large margin,” the Argentine said.
Egypt were due to play Senegal three days before the Zambia game, but the EFA cancelled the game upon finding out Senegal were planning on sending their U-23 team. Both sides have blamed the other for the cancellation.
“We developed well during camp, both technically and psychologically. We removed any barriers we had, and we united as a team,” Cúper explained.
Cúper also remarked on his relationship with the EFA: “We agree on all things. There was no pressure to play the Senegal game. It was a joint decision to cancel the match.”