Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Cúper: We accomplished our goals during camp
Héctor Cúper spoke to Egyptian media following the Pharaohs’ 3-0 win over Zambia on Sunday, expressing his pleasure at the team’s performance.
Egypt defeated The Bullets of Zambia 3-0 in Abu Dhabi yesterday, thanks to a brace by Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and a lone goal by Amr Gamal. The win marked Cúper’s fifth straight victory since being appointed Egyptian National Team manager.
“I wished for two games during the international break, but the camp achieved what was required of us, by a large margin,” the Argentine said.
Egypt were due to play Senegal three days before the Zambia game, but the EFA cancelled the game upon finding out Senegal were planning on sending their U-23 team. Both sides have blamed the other for the cancellation.
“We developed well during camp, both technically and psychologically. We removed any barriers we had, and we united as a team,” Cúper explained.
Cúper also remarked on his relationship with the EFA: “We agree on all things. There was no pressure to play the Senegal game. It was a joint decision to cancel the match.”