Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Cúper: We accomplished our goals during camp
Héctor Cúper spoke to Egyptian media following the Pharaohs’ 3-0 win over Zambia on Sunday, expressing his pleasure at the team’s performance.
Egypt defeated The Bullets of Zambia 3-0 in Abu Dhabi yesterday, thanks to a brace by Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and a lone goal by Amr Gamal. The win marked Cúper’s fifth straight victory since being appointed Egyptian National Team manager.
“I wished for two games during the international break, but the camp achieved what was required of us, by a large margin,” the Argentine said.
Egypt were due to play Senegal three days before the Zambia game, but the EFA cancelled the game upon finding out Senegal were planning on sending their U-23 team. Both sides have blamed the other for the cancellation.
“We developed well during camp, both technically and psychologically. We removed any barriers we had, and we united as a team,” Cúper explained.
Cúper also remarked on his relationship with the EFA: “We agree on all things. There was no pressure to play the Senegal game. It was a joint decision to cancel the match.”