Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Spaniard Carlos Carballo to referee Egyptian Super Cup
The Egyptian Football Association have announced that the officiating crew for Thursday’s Egyptian Super Cup will be a Spanish one, headed by Carlos Carballo.
Al Ahly and Zamalek face off in the Egyptian Super Cup Thursday in the United Arab Emirates. Interim Ahly manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel Shafy recently announced his 28-man squad list that travelled to the UAE.
The EFA has revealed that the referee for the all-important clash will be headed by Spaniard Carlos Carballo. Carballo officiated the Europa League final in 2011, participated in the FIFA World Cup in 2013, and most recently in the 2014 World Cup.
Carballo came under fire during the World Cup following the quarter final match between Columbia and Brazil, after a challenge from Columbian defender Juan Zuniga injured and kept Brazilian captain Neymar out for the rest of the tournament.