Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Spaniard Carlos Carballo to referee Egyptian Super Cup
The Egyptian Football Association have announced that the officiating crew for Thursday’s Egyptian Super Cup will be a Spanish one, headed by Carlos Carballo.
Al Ahly and Zamalek face off in the Egyptian Super Cup Thursday in the United Arab Emirates. Interim Ahly manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel Shafy recently announced his 28-man squad list that travelled to the UAE.
The EFA has revealed that the referee for the all-important clash will be headed by Spaniard Carlos Carballo. Carballo officiated the Europa League final in 2011, participated in the FIFA World Cup in 2013, and most recently in the 2014 World Cup.
Carballo came under fire during the World Cup following the quarter final match between Columbia and Brazil, after a challenge from Columbian defender Juan Zuniga injured and kept Brazilian captain Neymar out for the rest of the tournament.