Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Spaniard Carlos Carballo to referee Egyptian Super Cup
The Egyptian Football Association have announced that the officiating crew for Thursday’s Egyptian Super Cup will be a Spanish one, headed by Carlos Carballo.
Al Ahly and Zamalek face off in the Egyptian Super Cup Thursday in the United Arab Emirates. Interim Ahly manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel Shafy recently announced his 28-man squad list that travelled to the UAE.
The EFA has revealed that the referee for the all-important clash will be headed by Spaniard Carlos Carballo. Carballo officiated the Europa League final in 2011, participated in the FIFA World Cup in 2013, and most recently in the 2014 World Cup.
Carballo came under fire during the World Cup following the quarter final match between Columbia and Brazil, after a challenge from Columbian defender Juan Zuniga injured and kept Brazilian captain Neymar out for the rest of the tournament.