Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Spaniard Carlos Carballo to referee Egyptian Super Cup
The Egyptian Football Association have announced that the officiating crew for Thursday’s Egyptian Super Cup will be a Spanish one, headed by Carlos Carballo.
Al Ahly and Zamalek face off in the Egyptian Super Cup Thursday in the United Arab Emirates. Interim Ahly manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel Shafy recently announced his 28-man squad list that travelled to the UAE.
The EFA has revealed that the referee for the all-important clash will be headed by Spaniard Carlos Carballo. Carballo officiated the Europa League final in 2011, participated in the FIFA World Cup in 2013, and most recently in the 2014 World Cup.
Carballo came under fire during the World Cup following the quarter final match between Columbia and Brazil, after a challenge from Columbian defender Juan Zuniga injured and kept Brazilian captain Neymar out for the rest of the tournament.