Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Boxing: Hossam Bakr makes it to Rio
Egyptian boxer Hossam Bakr has qualified for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Ireland’s champion.
The 30-year-old defeated his opponent 3-0 earning a spot in the olympics and a bronze medal in the World Boxing Championship which was held in Doha, Qatar from 5-15 October.
Bakr made it to the World Boxing Championship after winning a golden medal at 2015 African Boxing Championship. He was one step away from competing for the golden medal, however, he lost in the semi-final against Cuba’s champion.
It is worth mentioning that this is the first medal for Egypt in the World boxing Championship in the past 10 years.