Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Boxing: Hossam Bakr makes it to Rio
Egyptian boxer Hossam Bakr has qualified for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Ireland’s champion.
The 30-year-old defeated his opponent 3-0 earning a spot in the olympics and a bronze medal in the World Boxing Championship which was held in Doha, Qatar from 5-15 October.
Bakr made it to the World Boxing Championship after winning a golden medal at 2015 African Boxing Championship. He was one step away from competing for the golden medal, however, he lost in the semi-final against Cuba’s champion.
It is worth mentioning that this is the first medal for Egypt in the World boxing Championship in the past 10 years.