Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Boxing: Hossam Bakr makes it to Rio
Egyptian boxer Hossam Bakr has qualified for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Ireland’s champion.
The 30-year-old defeated his opponent 3-0 earning a spot in the olympics and a bronze medal in the World Boxing Championship which was held in Doha, Qatar from 5-15 October.
Bakr made it to the World Boxing Championship after winning a golden medal at 2015 African Boxing Championship. He was one step away from competing for the golden medal, however, he lost in the semi-final against Cuba’s champion.
It is worth mentioning that this is the first medal for Egypt in the World boxing Championship in the past 10 years.