Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Egypt’s Trezeguet to undergo shoulder surgery, out for several months
Egypt and Anderlecht midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ is set to carry out a surgical procedure for his shoulder after medical consultation.
On October 6th, Mahmoud Trezeguet left Egypt’s national team camp in the United Arab Emirates with discomfort in his shoulder, which appeared to be a dislocated joint after thorough medical examination.
It was only announced today on Anderlecht’s official website that the 20-year-old is going to be subjected to a surgery for his injury, as per the decision of the treatment consultation team.
As a consequence of this sudden operative procedure, the central midfielder will be sidelined for several months for convalescence and rehabilitation.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht in the summer on loan from Al Ahly but despite featuring for the U-21s, has yet to make his senior debut for the club.