Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
ES Tunis goalkeeper banned for two years
Espérance Sportive de Tunis goalkeeper Sami Hilal has been banned for two years after an announcement was issued by the Tunisian Football Association regarding his doping case.
On the 13th of October, the Tunisian FA issued a statement, banning Sami Hilal for two years after being tested positive for anabolic products.
According to the Tunisian football association’s official website, the committee entrusted to investigate the case of ES Tunis’ Sami Hilal has filed a statement against the player.
The statement included a decision of banning him for two years and a 3,000 dinars (approx 1,500$) fine for the club.
This was secondary to his failure in passing the doping test, due to tracing anabolic drugs in his system.
The decision was made right before ES Tunis’ very highly anticipated game today, October 14th, against the current champions, Club Africain.
The player failed a doping test after their game with Hammam-Lif in the Tunisian Cup, which they lost 2-1.
ES Tunis occupy third place in the Tunisian league, after finally surpassing a recent downward spiral.