Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
ES Tunis goalkeeper banned for two years
Espérance Sportive de Tunis goalkeeper Sami Hilal has been banned for two years after an announcement was issued by the Tunisian Football Association regarding his doping case.
On the 13th of October, the Tunisian FA issued a statement, banning Sami Hilal for two years after being tested positive for anabolic products.
According to the Tunisian football association’s official website, the committee entrusted to investigate the case of ES Tunis’ Sami Hilal has filed a statement against the player.
The statement included a decision of banning him for two years and a 3,000 dinars (approx 1,500$) fine for the club.
This was secondary to his failure in passing the doping test, due to tracing anabolic drugs in his system.
The decision was made right before ES Tunis’ very highly anticipated game today, October 14th, against the current champions, Club Africain.
The player failed a doping test after their game with Hammam-Lif in the Tunisian Cup, which they lost 2-1.
ES Tunis occupy third place in the Tunisian league, after finally surpassing a recent downward spiral.