Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Al Ahly contacted Trapattoni
The Cairo based club hired Portuguese José Peseiro to start his mission as Al Ahly’s new manager replacing Fathy Mabrouk who was sacked along with Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“Before we hired Peseiro we negotiated with Trapattoni,” Taher said in an inteview on TEN TV channel.
“We were ready to go over the budget to hire Trapattoni but the only thing that stopped us from doing so was his age since he is 76 years old,” he explained.
Giovanni Trapattoni managed a number of well known clubs including AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and the Italian national team.
“Even if we would have signed him, they’ve accused us of signing an old coach. Even if we hired the legendary Franz Beckenbauer, they’ll say that he hasn’t been coaching for a while,” Taher concluded.