Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Al Ahly contacted Trapattoni
The Cairo based club hired Portuguese José Peseiro to start his mission as Al Ahly’s new manager replacing Fathy Mabrouk who was sacked along with Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“Before we hired Peseiro we negotiated with Trapattoni,” Taher said in an inteview on TEN TV channel.
“We were ready to go over the budget to hire Trapattoni but the only thing that stopped us from doing so was his age since he is 76 years old,” he explained.
Giovanni Trapattoni managed a number of well known clubs including AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and the Italian national team.
“Even if we would have signed him, they’ve accused us of signing an old coach. Even if we hired the legendary Franz Beckenbauer, they’ll say that he hasn’t been coaching for a while,” Taher concluded.