Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Al Ahly contacted Trapattoni
The Cairo based club hired Portuguese José Peseiro to start his mission as Al Ahly’s new manager replacing Fathy Mabrouk who was sacked along with Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“Before we hired Peseiro we negotiated with Trapattoni,” Taher said in an inteview on TEN TV channel.
“We were ready to go over the budget to hire Trapattoni but the only thing that stopped us from doing so was his age since he is 76 years old,” he explained.
Giovanni Trapattoni managed a number of well known clubs including AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and the Italian national team.
“Even if we would have signed him, they’ve accused us of signing an old coach. Even if we hired the legendary Franz Beckenbauer, they’ll say that he hasn’t been coaching for a while,” Taher concluded.