Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Al Ahly contacted Trapattoni
The Cairo based club hired Portuguese José Peseiro to start his mission as Al Ahly’s new manager replacing Fathy Mabrouk who was sacked along with Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“Before we hired Peseiro we negotiated with Trapattoni,” Taher said in an inteview on TEN TV channel.
“We were ready to go over the budget to hire Trapattoni but the only thing that stopped us from doing so was his age since he is 76 years old,” he explained.
Giovanni Trapattoni managed a number of well known clubs including AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and the Italian national team.
“Even if we would have signed him, they’ve accused us of signing an old coach. Even if we hired the legendary Franz Beckenbauer, they’ll say that he hasn’t been coaching for a while,” Taher concluded.