Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: EST down Club Africain in the Tunis derby
The blood and gold entered the game with a chance to make it four wins out of five; on the other hand, CA wanted to take their tally to nine points.
Last season’s champions started the game on the front foot, with Saber Khelifa missing a really good chance to make it 1-0 Club Africain, minutes before EST’s Khenissi missed a similar opportunity on the other end.
Just before the second half kicked off, violence erupted in the stands between Club Africain fans; however, the issue didn’t last long, as police forces separated between those involved.
Khenissi came really close to opening the scoring in the second half, his strike clipping the post before going out for a goal-kick.
EST’s Saad Bguir saw his free-kick endure a similar fate to Khenissi’s strike, as his left-footed effort rifled off the crossbar.
Imad Miniawy missed a glorious opportunity to put Club Africain ahead just minutes later, hitting the post from point blank range.
Just as the game looked destined for a 0-0 finish, a deflected cross found an unmarked Fakhreddine Ben Youssef on the far post who made no mistake with the tap-in. One-nil EST.
ّIdriss Mhirsi made matters worse on CA, as he scored an absolute wonder goal to make it 2-0 Esperance, heaping misery on the home fans.