After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
VIDEO: Salah scores in home win against Empoli
Mohamed Salah scored Roma’s third goal as the Giallorossi comfortably won 3-1 at home to Empoli.
There were a few chances for each side to open the scoring, with Gervinho being the main culprit; the Ivorian had a third-minute goal chalked off for offside, before spurning a few more chances to give his side the lead as Salah impressed with his build-up play.
Nevertheless, the half-time whistle blew with the score still at 0-0.
Empoli started the second half stronger than the hosts, but the introduction of Rajda Nainggolan for Iago Falque in the 55th minute would turn the match on its head.
Pjanic scored a lovely free-kick in the 56th minute, as the Empoli defence was finally breached.
The Bosnian turned provider four minutes later; his corner found Danielle De Rossi, who turned the ball home on his 500th official appearance for the Romans.
Salah sealed the win for Roma ten minutes after that, after a good run from Gervinho – released by Nainggolan down the left – and a center into the box was emphatically fired into the roof of the goal by the onrushing Egyptian, who now has four goals in eight Serie A appearances this season.
Marcel Buechel scored in the 75th minute for Empoli, but it would be no more than a consolation strike as the match drew to a close.
Roma now sit in second place in the league standings, but Inter Milan and Lazio can still overtake them with wins this round.
It is worth mentioning that Salah will return to Florence next week as Fiorentina host Roma on Sunday, but up first is an away tie against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League on Tuesday.