Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
VIDEO: Salah scores in home win against Empoli
Mohamed Salah scored Roma’s third goal as the Giallorossi comfortably won 3-1 at home to Empoli.
There were a few chances for each side to open the scoring, with Gervinho being the main culprit; the Ivorian had a third-minute goal chalked off for offside, before spurning a few more chances to give his side the lead as Salah impressed with his build-up play.
Nevertheless, the half-time whistle blew with the score still at 0-0.
Empoli started the second half stronger than the hosts, but the introduction of Rajda Nainggolan for Iago Falque in the 55th minute would turn the match on its head.
Pjanic scored a lovely free-kick in the 56th minute, as the Empoli defence was finally breached.
The Bosnian turned provider four minutes later; his corner found Danielle De Rossi, who turned the ball home on his 500th official appearance for the Romans.
Salah sealed the win for Roma ten minutes after that, after a good run from Gervinho – released by Nainggolan down the left – and a center into the box was emphatically fired into the roof of the goal by the onrushing Egyptian, who now has four goals in eight Serie A appearances this season.
Marcel Buechel scored in the 75th minute for Empoli, but it would be no more than a consolation strike as the match drew to a close.
Roma now sit in second place in the league standings, but Inter Milan and Lazio can still overtake them with wins this round.
It is worth mentioning that Salah will return to Florence next week as Fiorentina host Roma on Sunday, but up first is an away tie against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League on Tuesday.