The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Salah scores in home win against Empoli
Mohamed Salah scored Roma’s third goal as the Giallorossi comfortably won 3-1 at home to Empoli.
There were a few chances for each side to open the scoring, with Gervinho being the main culprit; the Ivorian had a third-minute goal chalked off for offside, before spurning a few more chances to give his side the lead as Salah impressed with his build-up play.
Nevertheless, the half-time whistle blew with the score still at 0-0.
Empoli started the second half stronger than the hosts, but the introduction of Rajda Nainggolan for Iago Falque in the 55th minute would turn the match on its head.
Pjanic scored a lovely free-kick in the 56th minute, as the Empoli defence was finally breached.
The Bosnian turned provider four minutes later; his corner found Danielle De Rossi, who turned the ball home on his 500th official appearance for the Romans.
Salah sealed the win for Roma ten minutes after that, after a good run from Gervinho – released by Nainggolan down the left – and a center into the box was emphatically fired into the roof of the goal by the onrushing Egyptian, who now has four goals in eight Serie A appearances this season.
Marcel Buechel scored in the 75th minute for Empoli, but it would be no more than a consolation strike as the match drew to a close.
Roma now sit in second place in the league standings, but Inter Milan and Lazio can still overtake them with wins this round.
It is worth mentioning that Salah will return to Florence next week as Fiorentina host Roma on Sunday, but up first is an away tie against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League on Tuesday.