Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
PHOTO: Gedo signs for Entag El-Harby
Al Ahly former striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ joined Entag El-Harby as a free agent on Sunday, following his release from Al Ahly at the end of last season.
The Red Devils have recently terminated Gedo’s contract, alongside the team’s defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil after the signing of Ahmed Hegazy and Rami Rabia.
Gedo will be joining former Borussia Dortmund player Mohamed Zidan, who signed for Entag earlier last month on a one-year-deal. Both players have played a key role in Egypt’s win of the 2010 African Cup of Nations.
Wael Reyad ‘Cheetos’, Entag’s general coach and Al Ahly former player, announced Gedo’s signing for Entag on his Instagram account.
“Congratulations to Gedo on joining Entag El-Harby, he’ll be a valuable addition,” the post read.
Before announcing his release earlier this month, Al Ahly extended Gedo’s contract, which was due to expire at the end of the past season, for three years.
Since his release, several news reports have linked Gedo with a move to Arab Contractors, but he ended up signing for Entag.
Gedo joined the Red Castle from Ittihad of Alexandria following the 2010 African Cup of Nations, in which he scored five goals. He then moved to Hull City on loan in the 2013 winter transfer window, before returning to the Cairo giants on Jan. 2014.
Gedo will be playing with Entag under the leadership of former Egypt national team coach Shawky Gharib. The military team will be facing Ismaily in the first round of the Egyptian Premier League season on Wednesday.
The club’s chairman Major-General Maher Kosba has previously told KingFut that they are aiming to occupy a spot in the top four this season. Besides Gedo and Zidan,the club managed to sign several big names, including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.