Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
PHOTO: Gedo signs for Entag El-Harby
Al Ahly former striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ joined Entag El-Harby as a free agent on Sunday, following his release from Al Ahly at the end of last season.
The Red Devils have recently terminated Gedo’s contract, alongside the team’s defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil after the signing of Ahmed Hegazy and Rami Rabia.
Gedo will be joining former Borussia Dortmund player Mohamed Zidan, who signed for Entag earlier last month on a one-year-deal. Both players have played a key role in Egypt’s win of the 2010 African Cup of Nations.
Wael Reyad ‘Cheetos’, Entag’s general coach and Al Ahly former player, announced Gedo’s signing for Entag on his Instagram account.
“Congratulations to Gedo on joining Entag El-Harby, he’ll be a valuable addition,” the post read.
Before announcing his release earlier this month, Al Ahly extended Gedo’s contract, which was due to expire at the end of the past season, for three years.
Since his release, several news reports have linked Gedo with a move to Arab Contractors, but he ended up signing for Entag.
Gedo joined the Red Castle from Ittihad of Alexandria following the 2010 African Cup of Nations, in which he scored five goals. He then moved to Hull City on loan in the 2013 winter transfer window, before returning to the Cairo giants on Jan. 2014.
The 31-year-old won a handful of titles with Al Ahly, including two Egyptian Premier Leagues, two CAF Champions Leagues and the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup.
Gedo will be playing with Entag under the leadership of former Egypt national team coach Shawky Gharib. The military team will be facing Ismaily in the first round of the Egyptian Premier League season on Wednesday.
The club’s chairman Major-General Maher Kosba has previously told KingFut that they are aiming to occupy a spot in the top four this season. Besides Gedo and Zidan,the club managed to sign several big names, including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.