Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
PHOTO: Gedo signs for Entag El-Harby
Al Ahly former striker Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ joined Entag El-Harby as a free agent on Sunday, following his release from Al Ahly at the end of last season.
The Red Devils have recently terminated Gedo’s contract, alongside the team’s defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil after the signing of Ahmed Hegazy and Rami Rabia.
Gedo will be joining former Borussia Dortmund player Mohamed Zidan, who signed for Entag earlier last month on a one-year-deal. Both players have played a key role in Egypt’s win of the 2010 African Cup of Nations.
Wael Reyad ‘Cheetos’, Entag’s general coach and Al Ahly former player, announced Gedo’s signing for Entag on his Instagram account.
“Congratulations to Gedo on joining Entag El-Harby, he’ll be a valuable addition,” the post read.
Before announcing his release earlier this month, Al Ahly extended Gedo’s contract, which was due to expire at the end of the past season, for three years.
Since his release, several news reports have linked Gedo with a move to Arab Contractors, but he ended up signing for Entag.
Gedo joined the Red Castle from Ittihad of Alexandria following the 2010 African Cup of Nations, in which he scored five goals. He then moved to Hull City on loan in the 2013 winter transfer window, before returning to the Cairo giants on Jan. 2014.
The 31-year-old won a handful of titles with Al Ahly, including two Egyptian Premier Leagues, two CAF Champions Leagues and the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup.
Gedo will be playing with Entag under the leadership of former Egypt national team coach Shawky Gharib. The military team will be facing Ismaily in the first round of the Egyptian Premier League season on Wednesday.
The club’s chairman Major-General Maher Kosba has previously told KingFut that they are aiming to occupy a spot in the top four this season. Besides Gedo and Zidan,the club managed to sign several big names, including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.