Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Hazem Emam hit with two-match ban
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has banned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam for two games for “unsporting behavior” during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
According to the EFA, Emam was hit with a two-match ban for disciplinary reasons after storming into the pitch and fighting with Al Ahly players.
Emam, who wasn’t part of the 18-man squad, entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Al Ahly players after the Reds youngster Ramadan Sobhy was showboating by standing on the ball during the match, which provoked Zamalek players.
Emam was involved in a similar incident in July, as he was sent off the pitch and was handed a three-match ban for kicking Sobhy after he was showboating in the same way.
EFA also fined Al Ahly and Zamalek 10,000 EGP after the players and the coaching staff left the technical area and entered the pitch without permission.
Emam will be missing the first two games in the new Egyptian Premier League season that will begin on the 20th of October. Zamalek will play in the first round against Wadi Degla, while they will face Aswan in the second game.