Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Hazem Emam hit with two-match ban
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has banned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam for two games for “unsporting behavior” during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
According to the EFA, Emam was hit with a two-match ban for disciplinary reasons after storming into the pitch and fighting with Al Ahly players.
Emam, who wasn’t part of the 18-man squad, entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Al Ahly players after the Reds youngster Ramadan Sobhy was showboating by standing on the ball during the match, which provoked Zamalek players.
Emam was involved in a similar incident in July, as he was sent off the pitch and was handed a three-match ban for kicking Sobhy after he was showboating in the same way.
EFA also fined Al Ahly and Zamalek 10,000 EGP after the players and the coaching staff left the technical area and entered the pitch without permission.
Emam will be missing the first two games in the new Egyptian Premier League season that will begin on the 20th of October. Zamalek will play in the first round against Wadi Degla, while they will face Aswan in the second game.