KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Hazem Emam hit with two-match ban
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has banned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam for two games for “unsporting behavior” during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
According to the EFA, Emam was hit with a two-match ban for disciplinary reasons after storming into the pitch and fighting with Al Ahly players.
Emam, who wasn’t part of the 18-man squad, entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Al Ahly players after the Reds youngster Ramadan Sobhy was showboating by standing on the ball during the match, which provoked Zamalek players.
Emam was involved in a similar incident in July, as he was sent off the pitch and was handed a three-match ban for kicking Sobhy after he was showboating in the same way.
EFA also fined Al Ahly and Zamalek 10,000 EGP after the players and the coaching staff left the technical area and entered the pitch without permission.
Emam will be missing the first two games in the new Egyptian Premier League season that will begin on the 20th of October. Zamalek will play in the first round against Wadi Degla, while they will face Aswan in the second game.