Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Hazem Emam hit with two-match ban
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has banned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam for two games for “unsporting behavior” during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
According to the EFA, Emam was hit with a two-match ban for disciplinary reasons after storming into the pitch and fighting with Al Ahly players.
Emam, who wasn’t part of the 18-man squad, entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Al Ahly players after the Reds youngster Ramadan Sobhy was showboating by standing on the ball during the match, which provoked Zamalek players.
Emam was involved in a similar incident in July, as he was sent off the pitch and was handed a three-match ban for kicking Sobhy after he was showboating in the same way.
EFA also fined Al Ahly and Zamalek 10,000 EGP after the players and the coaching staff left the technical area and entered the pitch without permission.
Emam will be missing the first two games in the new Egyptian Premier League season that will begin on the 20th of October. Zamalek will play in the first round against Wadi Degla, while they will face Aswan in the second game.