Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Mosaad and El-Tayeb both finish as runners-up in 2015 US Open Squash
Egyptians Omar Mosaad and Nour El-Tayeb were defeated in the men’s and women’s finals of the 2015 US Open Squash in Philadelphia, USA.
Omar Mossad’s road to the final got harder and harder each round. In the first round Mosaad swept past Holland’s Laurens Jan Anjema to meet countryman Tarek Momen in the second round. Mosaad defeated world no.8 Momen 3-0, reaching the quarter final and meeting Englishman Daryl Selby. There, Mosaad had a tough 5-game match but ended up on top after winning 3-2.
In the semi-final, Mosaad was set to face another Englishman and World No.2 Nick Matthew. Mosaad, dubbed ‘The Hammer Of Thor’, kept up his fantastic record and proceeded to the final after defeating Matthew 3-1. He thus achieved the accomplishment of reaching his first-ever US Open final and more importantly, his first-ever world series final.
Mosaad faced Frenchman Grégory Gaultier, who in the shock result of the tournament had eliminated Egyptian and World no.1 Mohamed El Shorbagy in the semi-final after beating him 3-2. Gaultier swept past Mosaad, beating him 3-0 in the final.
In the Women’s tournament, Nour El-Tayeb lost to England’s Laura Massaro in the final. El-Tayeb had a a shaky start to the tournament after struggling against Welsh Tesni Evans, but she won 3-2 nevertheless. She got back on track after easily defeating English Emma Beddoes 3-0 to face compatriot and world no.1 Raneem El Welily in the quarter-final.
Shocking everyone, El-Tayeb defeated El Welily 3-2 in a five-game rally. El-Tayeb then faced French Camille Serme, who had defeated Egyptian Nour El Sherbini 3-0 in the quarters. El-Tayeb defeated Serme 3-1 to reach her first ever US Open Squash final, just like Mosaad had done.
In the final, Nour was pitted against England’s Laura Massaro, who had defeated World No.2 Malaysian Nicole David and World no.6 Egyptian Omneya Abdel Kawy in the quarter and semi-finals respectively. El-Tayeb’s winning form came to an end, as Massaro defeated her 3-2 in a very close match to claim the title.