Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Zamalek hand out sanctions after Super Cup match
The Zamalek board of directors made a few big decisions regarding the Super Cup loss to Al Ahly, during their latest meeting.
According to Zamalek official website, the club president Mortada Mansour has fined Mahmoud Kahraba 300,000 Egyptian pounds after his insistence to take his team’s penalty without the permission of manager Jesualdo Fereira.
In addition, Hazem Emam has been fined 100,000 pounds after storming onto the pitch.
Team captain Mohamed Ibrahim didn’t escape the wave of sanctions; he has been fined 150,000 pounds for letting Mahmoud Kahraba take the penalty, instead of preventing him.
Hamada Anwar, managing director at the club, was also docked the entirety of his salary this month, after he was dismissed for objecting to referee Carlos Carballo’s decisions.
Last but not least, Mortada Mansour has decided to keep Jesualdo Ferreira as manager, after his harsh comments about the Portuguese in the aftermath of the loss, according to El-Zamalek.com.