Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Zamalek hand out sanctions after Super Cup match
The Zamalek board of directors made a few big decisions regarding the Super Cup loss to Al Ahly, during their latest meeting.
According to Zamalek official website, the club president Mortada Mansour has fined Mahmoud Kahraba 300,000 Egyptian pounds after his insistence to take his team’s penalty without the permission of manager Jesualdo Fereira.
In addition, Hazem Emam has been fined 100,000 pounds after storming onto the pitch.
Team captain Mohamed Ibrahim didn’t escape the wave of sanctions; he has been fined 150,000 pounds for letting Mahmoud Kahraba take the penalty, instead of preventing him.
Hamada Anwar, managing director at the club, was also docked the entirety of his salary this month, after he was dismissed for objecting to referee Carlos Carballo’s decisions.
Last but not least, Mortada Mansour has decided to keep Jesualdo Ferreira as manager, after his harsh comments about the Portuguese in the aftermath of the loss, according to El-Zamalek.com.