Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Zamalek hand out sanctions after Super Cup match
The Zamalek board of directors made a few big decisions regarding the Super Cup loss to Al Ahly, during their latest meeting.
According to Zamalek official website, the club president Mortada Mansour has fined Mahmoud Kahraba 300,000 Egyptian pounds after his insistence to take his team’s penalty without the permission of manager Jesualdo Fereira.
In addition, Hazem Emam has been fined 100,000 pounds after storming onto the pitch.
Team captain Mohamed Ibrahim didn’t escape the wave of sanctions; he has been fined 150,000 pounds for letting Mahmoud Kahraba take the penalty, instead of preventing him.
Hamada Anwar, managing director at the club, was also docked the entirety of his salary this month, after he was dismissed for objecting to referee Carlos Carballo’s decisions.
Last but not least, Mortada Mansour has decided to keep Jesualdo Ferreira as manager, after his harsh comments about the Portuguese in the aftermath of the loss, according to El-Zamalek.com.