Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Zamalek hand out sanctions after Super Cup match
The Zamalek board of directors made a few big decisions regarding the Super Cup loss to Al Ahly, during their latest meeting.
According to Zamalek official website, the club president Mortada Mansour has fined Mahmoud Kahraba 300,000 Egyptian pounds after his insistence to take his team’s penalty without the permission of manager Jesualdo Fereira.
In addition, Hazem Emam has been fined 100,000 pounds after storming onto the pitch.
Team captain Mohamed Ibrahim didn’t escape the wave of sanctions; he has been fined 150,000 pounds for letting Mahmoud Kahraba take the penalty, instead of preventing him.
Hamada Anwar, managing director at the club, was also docked the entirety of his salary this month, after he was dismissed for objecting to referee Carlos Carballo’s decisions.
Last but not least, Mortada Mansour has decided to keep Jesualdo Ferreira as manager, after his harsh comments about the Portuguese in the aftermath of the loss, according to El-Zamalek.com.