Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Jakobsen scores in Falkenberg’s 6-0 drubbing of Atvidaberg
Alexander Jakobsen – a.k.a Amir Adel – scored a screamer in his side’s crucial home win against Atvidaberg in the Swedish top tier.
The Danish-Egyptian attacking midfielder scored Falkenberg’s second goal with a powerful long range effort that found the top left corner in the 13th minute, as his side led 3-0 at half time.
Falkenberg waited until the 89th minute before adding their fourth followed by two more goals in the dying moments.
With only two more rounds to go in the Swedish top flight, Falkenberg’s win guaranteed them at least a 14th place finish (relegation play-off) as they destined both Halmstad and Atvidaberg to relegation.
Falkenberg are only two points behind Kalmar in 13th place and will now attempt to leapfrog them, and avoid a relegation play-off, in their final two fixtures against the teams lying 6th and 5th respectively.
The 21 year old joined the Swedish side last February, after playing for PSV Eindhoven, and now has two goals in the league.