Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Jakobsen scores in Falkenberg’s 6-0 drubbing of Atvidaberg
Alexander Jakobsen – a.k.a Amir Adel – scored a screamer in his side’s crucial home win against Atvidaberg in the Swedish top tier.
The Danish-Egyptian attacking midfielder scored Falkenberg’s second goal with a powerful long range effort that found the top left corner in the 13th minute, as his side led 3-0 at half time.
Falkenberg waited until the 89th minute before adding their fourth followed by two more goals in the dying moments.
With only two more rounds to go in the Swedish top flight, Falkenberg’s win guaranteed them at least a 14th place finish (relegation play-off) as they destined both Halmstad and Atvidaberg to relegation.
Falkenberg are only two points behind Kalmar in 13th place and will now attempt to leapfrog them, and avoid a relegation play-off, in their final two fixtures against the teams lying 6th and 5th respectively.
The 21 year old joined the Swedish side last February, after playing for PSV Eindhoven, and now has two goals in the league.