Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Jakobsen scores in Falkenberg’s 6-0 drubbing of Atvidaberg
Alexander Jakobsen – a.k.a Amir Adel – scored a screamer in his side’s crucial home win against Atvidaberg in the Swedish top tier.
The Danish-Egyptian attacking midfielder scored Falkenberg’s second goal with a powerful long range effort that found the top left corner in the 13th minute, as his side led 3-0 at half time.
Falkenberg waited until the 89th minute before adding their fourth followed by two more goals in the dying moments.
With only two more rounds to go in the Swedish top flight, Falkenberg’s win guaranteed them at least a 14th place finish (relegation play-off) as they destined both Halmstad and Atvidaberg to relegation.
Falkenberg are only two points behind Kalmar in 13th place and will now attempt to leapfrog them, and avoid a relegation play-off, in their final two fixtures against the teams lying 6th and 5th respectively.
The 21 year old joined the Swedish side last February, after playing for PSV Eindhoven, and now has two goals in the league.