Egypt international Mohamed Salah scored in his side’s 4-1 victory over Torino...
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
Ramadan Sobhy apologises for showboating
Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy apologised to Zamalek players for showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final, asserting that humiliation wasn’t his intention.
The 18-year-old stood on the ball during his side’s 3-2 win over Zamalek, which provoked Zamalek players, leading them to start a fight with their Al Ahly counterparts.
“I didn’t mean to humiliate Zamalek players, they are all my friends, and I had no intention to insult any of them,” Sobhy told Al Ahly television channel.
Sobhy, who plays along several Zamalek players in the Olympic and national team, explained that Zamalek could have equalized in the remaining minutes, and that if he wanted to insult them, he would have done it at the end of the game when his side would have secured the victory.
“Since it was seen as a humiliation, I apologise for Zamalek players, but if I meant to humiliate, I wouldn’t have done it in the 77th minute; long time before the game ends,” Sobhy added.
Sobhy, who was involved in a similar incident in Al Ahly’s 2-0 win over Zamalek in the Egyptian Premier League, asserted that he have repeated it a second time.
“I wasn’t intending on repeating this, but it happened spontaneously, I promise not to repeat it a third time,” Sobhy concluded.