Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Rabia, Evouna ruled out of Al Ahly’s league opener
Al Ahly duo Ramy Rabia and Malick Evouna are set to miss the Red Devils’ first game of the 2015/2016 Egyptian Premier League season against Tala’a El-Geish, whilst Ahmed Hegazy is declared fit for the game.
Al Ahly defender Rabia has been ruled from El-Geish clash after suffering from a groin strain in the Cairo Derby last Thursday. Rabia is to be sidelined for 10 days and is expected to also miss Ahly’s second league game against Ghazl El-Mahala.
The 22-year-old has made only one official appearance for Al Ahly since re-joining the team from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.
The Red Castle will also miss the services of Gabon striker Malick Evouna, who has been ruled out with a ankle injury after leaving Al Ahly training session on Monday. Evouna is also set to be out for 10 days and is likely to miss Mahala match as well.
Moreover, the team’s right-back Bassem Ali has picked up a muscle injury and will be out for a week.
However, Al Ahly new signing Ahmed Hegazy, who was in major doubt for the game after suffering from muscle fatigue, has been declared fit for Al Ahly’s league opener.