Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Rabia, Evouna ruled out of Al Ahly’s league opener
Al Ahly duo Ramy Rabia and Malick Evouna are set to miss the Red Devils’ first game of the 2015/2016 Egyptian Premier League season against Tala’a El-Geish, whilst Ahmed Hegazy is declared fit for the game.
Al Ahly defender Rabia has been ruled from El-Geish clash after suffering from a groin strain in the Cairo Derby last Thursday. Rabia is to be sidelined for 10 days and is expected to also miss Ahly’s second league game against Ghazl El-Mahala.
The 22-year-old has made only one official appearance for Al Ahly since re-joining the team from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.
The Red Castle will also miss the services of Gabon striker Malick Evouna, who has been ruled out with a ankle injury after leaving Al Ahly training session on Monday. Evouna is also set to be out for 10 days and is likely to miss Mahala match as well.
Moreover, the team’s right-back Bassem Ali has picked up a muscle injury and will be out for a week.
However, Al Ahly new signing Ahmed Hegazy, who was in major doubt for the game after suffering from muscle fatigue, has been declared fit for Al Ahly’s league opener.