Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Zamalek squad announced for EPL opener
Zamalek SC has named its 18-man squad for the Egyptian Premier League opener on Wednesday against Wadi Degla FC.
Zamalek’s manager Jesualdo Ferreira has excluded FC Basel loanee Ahmed Hamoudi for the second game in a row following his exclusion from the Egypt Super Cup clash with Al Ahly, which saw the latter lift the trophy with a 3-2 win.
Zamalek’s captain Hazem Emam was not included in the squad due to a two-match suspension he received after the Egyptian Super Cup final.
Ali Gabr’s exclusion comes as a result of an ankle injury he picked up during the Egyptian Super Cup final. He is expected to be out for one to two weeks.
Ahmed Hassan Mekky and Ibrahim Salah didn’t make the list due to their lacking match fitness, while Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek was dropped from the initial list due to sickness.
Zamalek squad list:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El Shennawy, Mohamed Abou-Gabal
Defenders: Mohamed Adel Gomaa, Sherief Alaa, Ahmed Dweidar, Mohamed Koffi, Hamada Tolba
Midfielders: Tarek Hamed, Omar Gaber, Moruf Yusuf, Mostafa Fathi, Mohamed Khalifa, Ayman Hefny, Ahmed Tawfik, Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mohamed Salem