Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Elmohamady and Sam Morsy feature in big wins
Ahmed Elmohamady played a big part in Hull’s Sky Bet League victory over Ipswich City, moving the Tigers into the play-off places. Despite not scoring or assisting, Elmohamady posed a constant threat due to his lethal crosses. The Egyptian had a dangerous chance after Abel Hernandez released him on goal, but his powerful shot was deflected out for a corner. The goals came courtesy of Alex Bruce, Chuba Akpom and David Meyler.
In the division below, Sam Morsy captained Chesterfield to a 3-0 victory over Southend United. The goals came through Lee Novak and Ebanks-Blake (x2), as the home side ran out comfortable winners. The Spireites currently sit in 9th place, on 20 points.