An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Elmohamady and Sam Morsy feature in big wins
Ahmed Elmohamady shined as his side Hull City thrashed Ipswich City 3-0, while Sam Morsy played the whole 90 minutes in Chesterfield’s first home victory of the season.
Ahmed Elmohamady played a big part in Hull’s Sky Bet League victory over Ipswich City, moving the Tigers into the play-off places. Despite not scoring or assisting, Elmohamady posed a constant threat due to his lethal crosses. The Egyptian had a dangerous chance after Abel Hernandez released him on goal, but his powerful shot was deflected out for a corner. The goals came courtesy of Alex Bruce, Chuba Akpom and David Meyler.
In the division below, Sam Morsy captained Chesterfield to a 3-0 victory over Southend United. The goals came through Lee Novak and Ebanks-Blake (x2), as the home side ran out comfortable winners. The Spireites currently sit in 9th place, on 20 points.