Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Ismaily defeat Entag El-Harby
Ismaily defeated Entag El-Harby in the first week of the 2015/2016 Egyptian Premier League at the Ismailia Stadium.
Ismaliy XI: Awad; S. Hosny, Metwaly, Adel, Bahaa; Abdel-Aziz, Hamdy, Hosny; Jebrin, Marwan Mohsen, Banahene
Entag El Harby XI: Amir Abdel-Hamid; Rezk, Loai Wael, Mahmoud Fathalla, Ali Fathy; Aly Eid, Sosta, Ahmed Magdy, Shehab, Arko, Salah Amin
There wasn’t much football in the first half as the ball was mainly constricted in midfield. Both teams had possession but only Ismaily managed to score in the late minutes of the first half.
In the 44th minute, Marwan Mohsen won the Devrishes a penalty after appearing to be fouled by ex-Ahly defender Loai Wael inside the box. Marwan then scored the penalty, placing it on Amir Abdel-Hamid’s right side.
One minute later, Mohsen was once again a threat after skillfully nutmegging Mahmoud Rizk and shooting the ball from outside the box, but his shot went inches by the post.
Loai Wael almost equalized by a header in the 66th minute; Wael headed in Zidan’s cross from the right side but went by the post.
In the 72nd minute, Loai Wael and Zidan linked up again in what was Entag’s best chance of the match so far; Loai dived in towaards Zidan’s set-piece from 45 yards, out but Ismaily keeper Awad heroically parried it away.
Ismaily scored the second of the game in the 76th minute: Shikabala’s corner on the near post was deflected into Taha Adel’s path on the edge of the 6-yard box, who quickly stuck the ball and scored the second for the home side despite Entag claiming the ball was cleared off of the line.
Two minutes into stoppage time, Entag appeared to pull one back through Salah Amin, but it was cancelled as he was adjudged to be in an offside position.
In injury time, Shikabala dribbled past 3 players from outside the box and cleverly chipped the ball but it went just over the bar.
With this result, Ahmed Hossam Mido’s side kick-start their season with a great performance, and will be raring to go for their next encounter against Arab Contractors, while Entag face Ittihad Of Alexandria. Both matches will be played on Saturday.