The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ittihad defeat newly-promoted Aswan
39 minutes into the game, Aswan were millimeters away from scoring their first goal of the season, but former Al Ahly defender Ahmed El-Sayed heroically cleared Shokry Naguib’s ball off the line.
Five minutes later, unmarked Cape Verdan winger Luis Soares ‘Platini’ scored the opener as he received a cross from Patrick Ngoma and dodged Aswan’s defender before place an accurate shot into the back of the net.
Defender Hamada El-Sayed almost gave the Alexandrians a precious gift after a misjudged header that was exploited by Ittihad, but El-Sayed recovered and impressively cleared the ball.
As Aswan struggled to score an equalizer, the second half drew to a close and Ittihad claimed their first 3 three points of the season.