Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ittihad defeat newly-promoted Aswan
39 minutes into the game, Aswan were millimeters away from scoring their first goal of the season, but former Al Ahly defender Ahmed El-Sayed heroically cleared Shokry Naguib’s ball off the line.
Five minutes later, unmarked Cape Verdan winger Luis Soares ‘Platini’ scored the opener as he received a cross from Patrick Ngoma and dodged Aswan’s defender before place an accurate shot into the back of the net.
Defender Hamada El-Sayed almost gave the Alexandrians a precious gift after a misjudged header that was exploited by Ittihad, but El-Sayed recovered and impressively cleared the ball.
As Aswan struggled to score an equalizer, the second half drew to a close and Ittihad claimed their first 3 three points of the season.