ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: ENPPI held to 2-2 draw at home by Haras El-Hodood
ENPPI were held to a 2-2 draw by a stubborn Haras El-Hodood side, as four different players ended up on the scoresheet after an entertaining 90 minutes of football.
New ENPPI manager Hany Ramzy had to do without one of his recent signings, Oumed Oukri, as the player’s ITC has not yet been sent by previous employers Saint George.
Haras opened the scoring 27 minutes into the first half after Mohamed Farouk ‘Benzema’ slid the ball to Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’ who found himself one-on-one with Aly Lotfy. The Ahly loanee’s finish hit Lofty then rebounded off him into an empty net to give his side the lead.
Three minutes later, ENPPI equalised as Nassef’s cross found his teammate Kaoud. The latter then headed the ball into the back of the net, leaving Saad transfixed.
Honduras international Mario Martinez was injured during the first-half action, forcing ex-Egyptian Olympic team coach Ramzy to replace him with Lama Koné.
Salah Ashour picked up where he left last season, bundling Osama Ibrahim’s accurate set piece into the back of the net to give ENPPI the lead for the first time in the match.
Just three minutes later, Haras El-Hodood substitute Ahmed Sabry levelled the scores once again, as he scored the fourth goal of the match off of a rebound.
ENPPI will face Ittihad El-Shorta next Monday, next while Haras El-Hodood will play against Dakhleya, who defeated Arab Contractors 2-0 in the league opener.
Watch the goals below: