Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
El-Merghany: I wish Wadi Degla’s relegation
The former Zamalek midfielder was released by Wadi Degla last July for issuing some political comments in which he criticized Egypt president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
“I’m happy for Degla’s loss more than Zamalek’s win,” El Merghany posted on Facebook after Zamalek’s 2-0 victory against Wadi Degla.
“Those ideal people here [on Facebook] need to calm down a bit because I am not an ideal human being and also if those who are criticizing me were subject to the same situation I was in they would have done much more,”
“I wish that Degla get relegated and I won’t be upset except for my friends and the respectable people whom I dealt with in the club and are reading my words, they know themselves well,” he concluded.
Worth pointing out that Egyptian Premier League clubs have jointly decided to not sign the 27-year-old midfielder due to his political stance, what made Goldi coach, Ibrahim Said, to sign the player for the third tier club and save his footballing career.