KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
El-Merghany: I wish Wadi Degla’s relegation
The former Zamalek midfielder was released by Wadi Degla last July for issuing some political comments in which he criticized Egypt president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
“I’m happy for Degla’s loss more than Zamalek’s win,” El Merghany posted on Facebook after Zamalek’s 2-0 victory against Wadi Degla.
“Those ideal people here [on Facebook] need to calm down a bit because I am not an ideal human being and also if those who are criticizing me were subject to the same situation I was in they would have done much more,”
“I wish that Degla get relegated and I won’t be upset except for my friends and the respectable people whom I dealt with in the club and are reading my words, they know themselves well,” he concluded.
Worth pointing out that Egyptian Premier League clubs have jointly decided to not sign the 27-year-old midfielder due to his political stance, what made Goldi coach, Ibrahim Said, to sign the player for the third tier club and save his footballing career.