Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Hamada Hassan qualifies to Rio 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian high jumper Hamada Hassan won silver medal in the IPC World Championship’s Men’s high jump T42, coming second to United States’ Sam Grewe.
The 32-year-old broke both a personal and an African record with his result of 1.78 meters. The previous African record of 1.54 meters was set and held by Ghana’s Yusif Amadu back in May 2015.
Hamada’s silver medal is Egypt’s first of the World Championship. Following his record-breaking result, Hamada qualifies straight to the 2016 Rio Summer Paralympic games.