Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Bassem Morsi criticizes ‘showboating’ Ramadan Sobhy
Zamalek’s in-form player Bassem Morsi criticized Ramadan Sobhy in televised comments, after the youngster caused controversy by showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
“What Ramadan Sobhi did was truly indecent.. especially after he apologized for the first time. So why do it again? Is [apologizing] that easy ?” exclaimed Bassem in a televised interview.
Sobhy stood on the ball during his side’s 3-2 win over Zamalek in the Super Cup final, which provoked Zamalek players and lead to a fight with Al Ahly team.
This incident earned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam a two-match ban, after he entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Ramadan and Al Ahly players.
“It was mainly Ramadan’s fault, not Emam’s. It was only because of being fond of Zamalek and jealous about it that Hazem Imam did intrude. Ramadan’s showboat was an unaccepted humiliation to Zamalek team players and did up-flare the fans” he added.
“I didn’t tackle this issue before.. Ramadan is my friend and national team colleague. But the fact that Al Ahly players themselves scolded him showed that he was wrong,” he concluded.