Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Bassem Morsi criticizes ‘showboating’ Ramadan Sobhy
Zamalek’s in-form player Bassem Morsi criticized Ramadan Sobhy in televised comments, after the youngster caused controversy by showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
“What Ramadan Sobhi did was truly indecent.. especially after he apologized for the first time. So why do it again? Is [apologizing] that easy ?” exclaimed Bassem in a televised interview.
Sobhy stood on the ball during his side’s 3-2 win over Zamalek in the Super Cup final, which provoked Zamalek players and lead to a fight with Al Ahly team.
This incident earned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam a two-match ban, after he entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Ramadan and Al Ahly players.
“It was mainly Ramadan’s fault, not Emam’s. It was only because of being fond of Zamalek and jealous about it that Hazem Imam did intrude. Ramadan’s showboat was an unaccepted humiliation to Zamalek team players and did up-flare the fans” he added.
“I didn’t tackle this issue before.. Ramadan is my friend and national team colleague. But the fact that Al Ahly players themselves scolded him showed that he was wrong,” he concluded.