Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Bassem Morsi criticizes ‘showboating’ Ramadan Sobhy
Zamalek’s in-form player Bassem Morsi criticized Ramadan Sobhy in televised comments, after the youngster caused controversy by showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
“What Ramadan Sobhi did was truly indecent.. especially after he apologized for the first time. So why do it again? Is [apologizing] that easy ?” exclaimed Bassem in a televised interview.
Sobhy stood on the ball during his side’s 3-2 win over Zamalek in the Super Cup final, which provoked Zamalek players and lead to a fight with Al Ahly team.
This incident earned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam a two-match ban, after he entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Ramadan and Al Ahly players.
“It was mainly Ramadan’s fault, not Emam’s. It was only because of being fond of Zamalek and jealous about it that Hazem Imam did intrude. Ramadan’s showboat was an unaccepted humiliation to Zamalek team players and did up-flare the fans” he added.
“I didn’t tackle this issue before.. Ramadan is my friend and national team colleague. But the fact that Al Ahly players themselves scolded him showed that he was wrong,” he concluded.