Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Bassem Morsi criticizes ‘showboating’ Ramadan Sobhy
Zamalek’s in-form player Bassem Morsi criticized Ramadan Sobhy in televised comments, after the youngster caused controversy by showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final.
“What Ramadan Sobhi did was truly indecent.. especially after he apologized for the first time. So why do it again? Is [apologizing] that easy ?” exclaimed Bassem in a televised interview.
Sobhy stood on the ball during his side’s 3-2 win over Zamalek in the Super Cup final, which provoked Zamalek players and lead to a fight with Al Ahly team.
This incident earned Zamalek captain Hazem Emam a two-match ban, after he entered the pitch and got into a brawl with Ramadan and Al Ahly players.
“It was mainly Ramadan’s fault, not Emam’s. It was only because of being fond of Zamalek and jealous about it that Hazem Imam did intrude. Ramadan’s showboat was an unaccepted humiliation to Zamalek team players and did up-flare the fans” he added.
“I didn’t tackle this issue before.. Ramadan is my friend and national team colleague. But the fact that Al Ahly players themselves scolded him showed that he was wrong,” he concluded.