Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
VIDEO: Emotional Koka chips in as Braga edge Marseille in thriller
Braga maintained their place on top of Group F in the UEFA Europa League as Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored a wonderful goal that helped beat French giants Marseille 3-2.
After a rather quiet first half, Braga pushed for the opening goal and duly got it; Koka caught Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda in no mans land to chip the ball delightfully over the French International’s head, seconds after the hour mark.
Koka celebrated tearfully as he sank to the turf, scoring just a day after losing his father. He was substituted soon after with an suspected knock, before Braga got their second goal with Wilson Eduardo slotting home to make it 2-0.
Marseille fought back as Roman Alessandrini whipped in a well-taken free-kick home to make it 2-1. Just minutes later, Marseille equalized as talisman Michy Batshuayi lost his marker to make it 2-2 in the late stages of the game.
Braga were not done however, and got a winner in the last seconds of the game as Allan pounced onto Mandanda’s poor attempt at a catch, before striking it home to give Braga a famous victory in the Europa League.