Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Emotional Koka chips in as Braga edge Marseille in thriller
Braga maintained their place on top of Group F in the UEFA Europa League as Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored a wonderful goal that helped beat French giants Marseille 3-2.
After a rather quiet first half, Braga pushed for the opening goal and duly got it; Koka caught Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda in no mans land to chip the ball delightfully over the French International’s head, seconds after the hour mark.
Koka celebrated tearfully as he sank to the turf, scoring just a day after losing his father. He was substituted soon after with an suspected knock, before Braga got their second goal with Wilson Eduardo slotting home to make it 2-0.
Marseille fought back as Roman Alessandrini whipped in a well-taken free-kick home to make it 2-1. Just minutes later, Marseille equalized as talisman Michy Batshuayi lost his marker to make it 2-2 in the late stages of the game.
Braga were not done however, and got a winner in the last seconds of the game as Allan pounced onto Mandanda’s poor attempt at a catch, before striking it home to give Braga a famous victory in the Europa League.