Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Emotional Koka chips in as Braga edge Marseille in thriller
Braga maintained their place on top of Group F in the UEFA Europa League as Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored a wonderful goal that helped beat French giants Marseille 3-2.
After a rather quiet first half, Braga pushed for the opening goal and duly got it; Koka caught Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda in no mans land to chip the ball delightfully over the French International’s head, seconds after the hour mark.
Koka celebrated tearfully as he sank to the turf, scoring just a day after losing his father. He was substituted soon after with an suspected knock, before Braga got their second goal with Wilson Eduardo slotting home to make it 2-0.
Marseille fought back as Roman Alessandrini whipped in a well-taken free-kick home to make it 2-1. Just minutes later, Marseille equalized as talisman Michy Batshuayi lost his marker to make it 2-2 in the late stages of the game.
Braga were not done however, and got a winner in the last seconds of the game as Allan pounced onto Mandanda’s poor attempt at a catch, before striking it home to give Braga a famous victory in the Europa League.