Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Egypt’s Shooting Club finish 2nd at 17th Arab Women’s Club Basketball Championship
17th Arab Women’s Club Basketball Championship hosts Shooting Club, of Egypt, lost 50-70 to a superior Al-Riyadi Beirut side in the final match of the tournament on Saturday night.
The Egyptians had qualified after beating Algeria’s Groupement Sportif Petrolier 80-78 in a thrilling semi-finals.
Eventual winners Al-Riyadi, meanwhile, breezed past Tunisia’s ES Cap Bon 69-45, in what was perhaps a sign of things to come in the final.
The final itself was a physical affair, and despite the fact that the Lebanese had the edge from the start, the first quarter ended 14-18.
The second quarter saw an alarming drop in the hosts’ performance, with the Egyptians going more than six minutes without scoring a single point, as Al-Riyadi roared into a commanding lead.
The Lebanese were relying heavily on 3-point shots, and were scoring with the majority of their attempts, much to the dismay of the crowd.
In the end, Shooting Club pressed hard to close the gap and managed to end the game with a 20-point deficit, after having trailed by 24 at the start of the final quarter.
Shooting Club and Egypt’s Soraia Yehia, 20, was named the player of the tournament.
The tournament was hosted by Shooting Club in their 6th of October branch, from the 15th to the 24th of October.