Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Egypt’s Shooting Club finish 2nd at 17th Arab Women’s Club Basketball Championship
The Egyptians had qualified after beating Algeria’s Groupement Sportif Petrolier 80-78 in a thrilling semi-finals.
Eventual winners Al-Riyadi, meanwhile, breezed past Tunisia’s ES Cap Bon 69-45, in what was perhaps a sign of things to come in the final.
The final itself was a physical affair, and despite the fact that the Lebanese had the edge from the start, the first quarter ended 14-18.
The second quarter saw an alarming drop in the hosts’ performance, with the Egyptians going more than six minutes without scoring a single point, as Al-Riyadi roared into a commanding lead.
The Lebanese were relying heavily on 3-point shots, and were scoring with the majority of their attempts, much to the dismay of the crowd.
In the end, Shooting Club pressed hard to close the gap and managed to end the game with a 20-point deficit, after having trailed by 24 at the start of the final quarter.
Shooting Club and Egypt’s Soraia Yehia, 20, was named the player of the tournament.
The tournament was hosted by Shooting Club in their 6th of October branch, from the 15th to the 24th of October.