Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Egypt’s Shooting Club finish 2nd at 17th Arab Women’s Club Basketball Championship
17th Arab Women’s Club Basketball Championship hosts Shooting Club, of Egypt, lost 50-70 to a superior Al-Riyadi Beirut side in the final match of the tournament on Saturday night.
The Egyptians had qualified after beating Algeria’s Groupement Sportif Petrolier 80-78 in a thrilling semi-finals.
Eventual winners Al-Riyadi, meanwhile, breezed past Tunisia’s ES Cap Bon 69-45, in what was perhaps a sign of things to come in the final.
The final itself was a physical affair, and despite the fact that the Lebanese had the edge from the start, the first quarter ended 14-18.
The second quarter saw an alarming drop in the hosts’ performance, with the Egyptians going more than six minutes without scoring a single point, as Al-Riyadi roared into a commanding lead.
The Lebanese were relying heavily on 3-point shots, and were scoring with the majority of their attempts, much to the dismay of the crowd.
In the end, Shooting Club pressed hard to close the gap and managed to end the game with a 20-point deficit, after having trailed by 24 at the start of the final quarter.
Shooting Club and Egypt’s Soraia Yehia, 20, was named the player of the tournament.
The tournament was hosted by Shooting Club in their 6th of October branch, from the 15th to the 24th of October.