Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Ghaly: What Sobhy did was inappropriate
Hossam Ghaly appeared on TV to discuss their latest victory over Zamalek, where Al Ahly stand after a series of drawbacks and to reveal some backstory on what happened in recent weeks.
A video emerged right after the game showing Ghaly furiously berating Ramadan.
The ex-Tottenham star explained what happened in detail, revealing previously unknown information.
“I roughed him up because the game was not over yet, he also did the same move before and he apologized after, so it was inappropriate for him to repeat it,” Ghaly said.
“Ramadan is a disciplined, talented player that listens to others’ advice. Sobhy will be an Egyptian star in the future,” he added.
The 33-year-old experienced midfielder then praised his young teammate.
“I advise him to win the love of all football fans in Egypt, not just Al Ahly’s. By the way, Ramadan is the closest player to me in the squad, we stayed in one room before he moved to staying with Meteb.”
“I wasn’t the only one who berated Ramadan; Sherif Ekramy and Abdallah El-Said also did so,” he concluded.