Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Obama: I played because of my mother’s wishes
On loan from Zamalek, Obama won the game for Ittihad of Alexandria in stoppage time and immediately broke into tears. He learned of his mother’s passing only hours before the game, but he insisted on playing.
After the match, Obama remarked, “I learned of my mother’s death only hours before the game, but I insisted on playing with my team.”
The talented youngster continued, “I wanted to follow my mother’s wishes not to leave my team for any reason. This is why I decided to play and not go to the funeral.”