Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz introduced heavy fines that will be...
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
Obama: I played because of my mother’s wishes
On loan from Zamalek, Obama won the game for Ittihad of Alexandria in stoppage time and immediately broke into tears. He learned of his mother’s passing only hours before the game, but he insisted on playing.
After the match, Obama remarked, “I learned of my mother’s death only hours before the game, but I insisted on playing with my team.”
The talented youngster continued, “I wanted to follow my mother’s wishes not to leave my team for any reason. This is why I decided to play and not go to the funeral.”