Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Obama: I played because of my mother’s wishes
On loan from Zamalek, Obama won the game for Ittihad of Alexandria in stoppage time and immediately broke into tears. He learned of his mother’s passing only hours before the game, but he insisted on playing.
After the match, Obama remarked, “I learned of my mother’s death only hours before the game, but I insisted on playing with my team.”
The talented youngster continued, “I wanted to follow my mother’s wishes not to leave my team for any reason. This is why I decided to play and not go to the funeral.”