Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Ismaily frustrated by Arab Contractors in stalemate
Arab Contractors held Ismaily to a dull 0-0 draw at home in the second round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In the battle between Hassan Shehata and former disciple Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, neither manager was able to come out on top.
Chances were few and far between, with the biggest chance of the first interval coming in injury time, when Ahmed Moody’s effort went inches wide, after Amr Gamal’s cross found his teammate inside the area.
Emmanuel Banahene came on for Hosni Abd-Rabo in the 60th minute, as Mido sought to switch up things in an attempt to gain an advantage, as Hamada El-Ghannam replaced Taher Mohamed for the hosts.
In the end though, both managers had to settle for a point, in a match that will quickly be forgotten by both sets of supporters.
The Dervishes host league leaders Dakhleya next week, as they look to reignite their form.