Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Ismaily frustrated by Arab Contractors in stalemate
Arab Contractors held Ismaily to a dull 0-0 draw at home in the second round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In the battle between Hassan Shehata and former disciple Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, neither manager was able to come out on top.
Chances were few and far between, with the biggest chance of the first interval coming in injury time, when Ahmed Moody’s effort went inches wide, after Amr Gamal’s cross found his teammate inside the area.
Emmanuel Banahene came on for Hosni Abd-Rabo in the 60th minute, as Mido sought to switch up things in an attempt to gain an advantage, as Hamada El-Ghannam replaced Taher Mohamed for the hosts.
In the end though, both managers had to settle for a point, in a match that will quickly be forgotten by both sets of supporters.
The Dervishes host league leaders Dakhleya next week, as they look to reignite their form.