Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Rudi Garcia: Salah’s red card was very harsh
Salah scored the first goal in Roma’s win against his former club, before getting booked for a foul then receiving a second yellow seconds later for his objection, which was a harsh call from referee Daniele Orsato according to Garcia.
“Before the game I spoke with him [Salah], I always speak with my players. I wanted to make sure that he is calm and he actually was,” Garcia told Premium Sport
“The only negative point [for Salah] was the red card, which I think was very harsh. True, he didn’t have to make that gesture, but he does not even speak Italian. He didn’t say anything,”
“Salah has been suffering from insults for several days, if that incident deserved a red then many others deserve too. However, on the psychological level Salah was smart to not respond to [Fiorentina’s fans] whistles,” he concluded.