Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Tennis: Egypt dominates first round of Davis Cup
The Egyptian tennis team has started the African Group stages of the Davis Cup tournament with a bang, after defeating the Mozambican team.
The Egyptian team’s players are Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Safwat, Karim Hossam and Karim Mamoun.
Egypt are drawn in the third group with Mozambique, Benin and Libya. Pharaohs Karim Mamoun and Sherif Sabry won their first matches of the tournament against Mozambique champions Franco and Hugo.
Egypt, who is in level three of the competition, is set to face Libya on Tuesday, and their final group match is against Benin on Wednesday.
The winner of Group A, which includes Tunisia, Namibia, Ghana and Algeria will play off against the runner up of Group B, Egypt’s group. The runner up of Group A will play off against the winner of Group B to determine which two nations will be promoted to Europe/Africa Zone level two in 2016.
Egypt first competed in the Davis Cup in 1929 with the best performance was reaching the Europe/Africa Zone Group I semifinals twice in 1982 and 1985.