Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Tennis: Egypt dominates first round of Davis Cup
The Egyptian tennis team has started the African Group stages of the Davis Cup tournament with a bang, after defeating the Mozambican team.
The Egyptian team’s players are Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Safwat, Karim Hossam and Karim Mamoun.
Egypt are drawn in the third group with Mozambique, Benin and Libya. Pharaohs Karim Mamoun and Sherif Sabry won their first matches of the tournament against Mozambique champions Franco and Hugo.
Egypt, who is in level three of the competition, is set to face Libya on Tuesday, and their final group match is against Benin on Wednesday.
The winner of Group A, which includes Tunisia, Namibia, Ghana and Algeria will play off against the runner up of Group B, Egypt’s group. The runner up of Group A will play off against the winner of Group B to determine which two nations will be promoted to Europe/Africa Zone level two in 2016.
Egypt first competed in the Davis Cup in 1929 with the best performance was reaching the Europe/Africa Zone Group I semifinals twice in 1982 and 1985.