Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Tennis: Egypt dominates first round of Davis Cup
The Egyptian tennis team has started the African Group stages of the Davis Cup tournament with a bang, after defeating the Mozambican team.
The Egyptian team’s players are Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Safwat, Karim Hossam and Karim Mamoun.
Egypt are drawn in the third group with Mozambique, Benin and Libya. Pharaohs Karim Mamoun and Sherif Sabry won their first matches of the tournament against Mozambique champions Franco and Hugo.
Egypt, who is in level three of the competition, is set to face Libya on Tuesday, and their final group match is against Benin on Wednesday.
The winner of Group A, which includes Tunisia, Namibia, Ghana and Algeria will play off against the runner up of Group B, Egypt’s group. The runner up of Group A will play off against the winner of Group B to determine which two nations will be promoted to Europe/Africa Zone level two in 2016.
Egypt first competed in the Davis Cup in 1929 with the best performance was reaching the Europe/Africa Zone Group I semifinals twice in 1982 and 1985.