Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Tennis: Egypt dominates first round of Davis Cup
The Egyptian tennis team has started the African Group stages of the Davis Cup tournament with a bang, after defeating the Mozambican team.
The Egyptian team’s players are Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Safwat, Karim Hossam and Karim Mamoun.
Egypt are drawn in the third group with Mozambique, Benin and Libya. Pharaohs Karim Mamoun and Sherif Sabry won their first matches of the tournament against Mozambique champions Franco and Hugo.
Egypt, who is in level three of the competition, is set to face Libya on Tuesday, and their final group match is against Benin on Wednesday.
The winner of Group A, which includes Tunisia, Namibia, Ghana and Algeria will play off against the runner up of Group B, Egypt’s group. The runner up of Group A will play off against the winner of Group B to determine which two nations will be promoted to Europe/Africa Zone level two in 2016.
Egypt first competed in the Davis Cup in 1929 with the best performance was reaching the Europe/Africa Zone Group I semifinals twice in 1982 and 1985.