Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Tennis: Egypt dominates first round of Davis Cup
The Egyptian tennis team has started the African Group stages of the Davis Cup tournament with a bang, after defeating the Mozambican team.
The Egyptian team’s players are Sherif Sabry, Mohamed Safwat, Karim Hossam and Karim Mamoun.
Egypt are drawn in the third group with Mozambique, Benin and Libya. Pharaohs Karim Mamoun and Sherif Sabry won their first matches of the tournament against Mozambique champions Franco and Hugo.
Egypt, who is in level three of the competition, is set to face Libya on Tuesday, and their final group match is against Benin on Wednesday.
The winner of Group A, which includes Tunisia, Namibia, Ghana and Algeria will play off against the runner up of Group B, Egypt’s group. The runner up of Group A will play off against the winner of Group B to determine which two nations will be promoted to Europe/Africa Zone level two in 2016.
Egypt first competed in the Davis Cup in 1929 with the best performance was reaching the Europe/Africa Zone Group I semifinals twice in 1982 and 1985.