Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
El-Shorta, ENPPI share the spoils in stalemate
ENPPI and Ittihad El-Shorta have played out a goalless draw in the second round of the Egyptian Premier League on Monday.
Both teams failed to create any dangerous chances or have clear goal-scoring opportunities throughout the 90 minutes, ending the game in draw.
The game started slowly with almost no chances on both goal posts. In the 15th minute, ENPPI’s Salah Ashour sent a strong shot but it went wide.
El-Shorta responded with a shot from Salah Rico in the 29th minute, however, ENPPI’s goalkeeper Mohamed Abdel-Monsef saved it.
In the 35th minute, Rico tried his luck again as he sent a shot from outside the penalty area but it went over the post.
As the first half was coming to an end, ENPPI’s Lama Kone tried to open the scoring, however, his shot was blocked by El-Shorta’s defense.
The second half went at the same pace, with almost no chances for both teams.
In the 66th minute, two of the petroleum club players found the ball inside the penalty area, but before causing any danger, El-Shorta’s goalkeeper diverted it into a corner.
The first shot on-target for ENPPI came in the 71st minute. Mohamed Nassef sent a cross to Salah Ashour, but Ashour’s header hit the woodwork and was diverted by El-Shorta’s defense.
In the 86th minute, El-Shorta were awarded a free-kick from midfield and sent a long shot towards ENPPI’s post, but the petroleum club defense were able to block it.
The remaining minutes went with no significant chances on both goal posts, ending the game in draw.
El-Shorta and ENPPI have two points each, after drawing with Misr El-Maqassa and Haras El-Hodood, respectively.
ENPPI will play against Al Masry in the next round on Sunday, while El-Shorta will face Haras El-Hodood on Monday.