Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
El-Shorta, ENPPI share the spoils in stalemate
ENPPI and Ittihad El-Shorta have played out a goalless draw in the second round of the Egyptian Premier League on Monday.
Both teams failed to create any dangerous chances or have clear goal-scoring opportunities throughout the 90 minutes, ending the game in draw.
The game started slowly with almost no chances on both goal posts. In the 15th minute, ENPPI’s Salah Ashour sent a strong shot but it went wide.
El-Shorta responded with a shot from Salah Rico in the 29th minute, however, ENPPI’s goalkeeper Mohamed Abdel-Monsef saved it.
In the 35th minute, Rico tried his luck again as he sent a shot from outside the penalty area but it went over the post.
As the first half was coming to an end, ENPPI’s Lama Kone tried to open the scoring, however, his shot was blocked by El-Shorta’s defense.
The second half went at the same pace, with almost no chances for both teams.
In the 66th minute, two of the petroleum club players found the ball inside the penalty area, but before causing any danger, El-Shorta’s goalkeeper diverted it into a corner.
The first shot on-target for ENPPI came in the 71st minute. Mohamed Nassef sent a cross to Salah Ashour, but Ashour’s header hit the woodwork and was diverted by El-Shorta’s defense.
In the 86th minute, El-Shorta were awarded a free-kick from midfield and sent a long shot towards ENPPI’s post, but the petroleum club defense were able to block it.
The remaining minutes went with no significant chances on both goal posts, ending the game in draw.
El-Shorta and ENPPI have two points each, after drawing with Misr El-Maqassa and Haras El-Hodood, respectively.
ENPPI will play against Al Masry in the next round on Sunday, while El-Shorta will face Haras El-Hodood on Monday.