Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Hossam Hassan: The refereeing was bad
Al Masry drew 1-1 against Misr El-Maqassa on Sunday and finished the match without their head and assistant coaches.
The Egyptian legend, who took over Al Masry earlier this summer, was playing his second game in charge of the Port-Said club this season and was aiming for a second straight win after opening their campaign with a 3-1 win over Petrojet.
The coastal club coach was sent off along with Maqassa’s assistant coach by the referee after the two coaches spat on the sidelines. The argument stretched all the way down into the tunnels.
Hassan spoke to TEN TV following the game and commented on the team’s performance and his early exit.
“I respect the referee’s decision, but Maqassa’s coach was really inappropriate towards me,” Hassan said. “I am a role model, and I will not respond to what he said to me.”
The Al Masry boss also spoke about the game itself and admitted the goal his team conceded was a mistake on his team’s behalf.
Though early in the season, Hassan stressed that his team already suffered from errant refereeing.
“The refereeing was bad in my opinion. We deserved a penalty because of a handball in Maqassa’s box by one of their defenders, but we did not get it, and it certainly could’ve changed the course of the game.”
Al Masry have collected four points in two games and will be facing though opponents ENPPI at the PetroSport stadium next Sunday.