Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Hossam Hassan: The refereeing was bad
Al Masry drew 1-1 against Misr El-Maqassa on Sunday and finished the match without their head and assistant coaches.
The Egyptian legend, who took over Al Masry earlier this summer, was playing his second game in charge of the Port-Said club this season and was aiming for a second straight win after opening their campaign with a 3-1 win over Petrojet.
The coastal club coach was sent off along with Maqassa’s assistant coach by the referee after the two coaches spat on the sidelines. The argument stretched all the way down into the tunnels.
Hassan spoke to TEN TV following the game and commented on the team’s performance and his early exit.
“I respect the referee’s decision, but Maqassa’s coach was really inappropriate towards me,” Hassan said. “I am a role model, and I will not respond to what he said to me.”
The Al Masry boss also spoke about the game itself and admitted the goal his team conceded was a mistake on his team’s behalf.
Though early in the season, Hassan stressed that his team already suffered from errant refereeing.
“The refereeing was bad in my opinion. We deserved a penalty because of a handball in Maqassa’s box by one of their defenders, but we did not get it, and it certainly could’ve changed the course of the game.”
Al Masry have collected four points in two games and will be facing though opponents ENPPI at the PetroSport stadium next Sunday.