Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Mohamed Salah handed one-match suspension
Mohamed Salah has received a one-match suspension after picking up a red card in Roma’s 2-1 win over his former club Fiorentina in Stadio Artemio Franchi.
Salah, who scored the first goal in Roma’s win, was sent off the field in the 87th minute after receiving a red card. He received two yellows in the span of few seconds as he was booked for a foul against Facundo Roncaglia, before receiving the second yellow for showing dissent.
The Lega Serie A confirmed that the Egyptian winger will be suspended for one match, which means he’ll miss Roma’s next game against Udinese on Wednesday.
Manager Rudi Garcia said to Premium Sport that he was surprised by the referee’s decision, “The only negative point [for Salah] was the red card, which I think was very harsh. True, he didn’t have to make that gesture, but he does not even speak Italian. He didn’t say anything.”